Highlighted
b54kh2
1 Nickel

e6330 BIOS Failure

I have an e6330, service tag '<Service tag removed>,' and recently upgraded the BIOS to version A19, 06-July-2017. This is the latest version and is labeled 'urgent' to address the 'Spectre' and 'Meltdown' vulnerabilities. This version causes 'fatal' system instabilities; and in 2 of 3 reboots, I have to force an ePSA diagnostic reboot to get the system to start. It essentially 'bricked' my mobo. Also, even after the system booted, it would very quickly crash. I couldn't get any useful work done. I was finally forced to downgrade to version A18 and did not receive any more problems.

Is it possible for someone to contact DELL directly and ask them to replace this dangerously faulty BIOS, with one that will be tested properly? They apparently have no email address, at least not one that I can find.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: e6330 BIOS Failure

Hi b54kh2,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system was experiencing issues you weren't expecting.

Fortunately the Dell engineers have been made aware of the issues you described.  Here is information from the Dell Support Page which addresses the issue:

snip1.jpg

Please post back if you need additional assistance.  Thanks.

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos