Nalanaire
1 Copper

wavering LCD

Good day, i have a Dell Latitude E6530 Core i7, with 8GB RAM, 2.9Ghtz of speed and 750GB hard drive, so now i dont know what happened to it, but the LCD is now wavering out the blue, please help me i cant work anymore because of this issue, help me on how to sort out the problem. Thank You.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DAF44
2 Iron

Re: wavering LCD

Can you run diagnostics at boot-up? If the hardware is sound, it would mean a Windows driver issue.

Does it happen even after rebooting? Has the video processor driver been updated recently? Sometimes video drivers can become corrupt even after working fine for some time.

Can you see enough to reinstall the driver or roll back to a previous driver? Can you use a Windows Restore Point to go back in time with a recovery disk?

E6430, E6440, 7280
0 Kudos
Nalanaire
1 Copper

Just reinstalled the graphic/video driver but there is difference, and i also diagnosed it from boot-setup it came with no problem but the screen is still wavering.
0 Kudos
Nalanaire
1 Copper

i mean there is still no difference...screen still wavering
0 Kudos

@Nalanaire wrote:
i mean there is still no difference...screen still wavering

@Nalanaire the screen wavering could be either hardware or software related. The best way of determining this would be to run the hardware tests described above and look for the same fault occurring.

My suggestion would be to run the LCD selft test and check if the wavering is seen during that test. To run the test, from the system being in a powered off state, hold down the D key and power on the system. The screen will cycle through a series of colours and coloured bars.

a) Do you see the screen wavering during the LCD test?
b) If the wavering is seen during the test and you move the screen backwards and forwards, does the wavering change at all?
c) Is the wavering seen on the screen regardless of whether it's running on battery power only, ac adaptor power only or a combination of both?
d) Is there any damage to the screen i.e black marks that look like ink splodges or liquid leaking?

The above information will help to determine whether this issue is hardware or software related.

Alan

DELL-AlanD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
I'm based in the UK and I'm usually available Monday to Friday 9am-4pm GMT
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
Nalanaire
1 Copper

Yes i have experienced ink splodges on the screen there are ink marks they used to appear and they disappear   by themselves, according to what you have mentioned in point number 4.

0 Kudos