Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 11th, 2017 02:00

Dell D3100 -- video no longer working

Hi Barton, Justin, Jared, et al,

can you please talk to Displaylink to get them to fix the current issues with the D3100 docking station? I know Dell has outsourced the driver for their product to Displaylink. So far they've done a good job...but since end of April (!!!!) it's no longer working with the current driver (February 2017).

A  lot of customers are complaining on the displaylink forum, just like I do:
but apparently Displaylink doesn't care. They could at least respond that they're working on it.
I'd love to open a case with them, but I haven't found a way yet.... could you *please* tell me how I could open a case with Displaylink so that it's officially recorded that their driver isn't working anymore.

I hope I didn't shell out 150 Euros for a broken Docking station....would be a shame!!http://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?p=83621&posted=1#post83621

350 Posts

June 13th, 2017 10:00

I got this reply from DisplayLink: "[The issue] is a problem in the Ubuntu X server update. We have an article on this problem, including possible work arounds, and an explanation of the technical problem in X server here:

support.displaylink.com/.../1181623-displaylink-ubuntu-driver-after-recent-x-upgrades

"

161 Posts

June 11th, 2017 20:00

Are the older drivers available?

350 Posts

June 12th, 2017 12:00

I've asked a contact at DisplayLink to look at this.

161 Posts

June 13th, 2017 12:00

Thanks, Jared! This is very helpful. What is missing is that there's no indication that this issue will be fixed upstream. It would be nice to see an upstream bug report.

No Events found!