Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 27th, 2015 05:00

Dell XPS 13 9343 - keyboard backlight on at boot Ubuntu 15.10

I upgrade from Ubuntu 15.04 to Ubuntu 15.10 and now on the first boot the keyboard backlight is on. I can manually turn it off, but the setting is not remembered and the next boot results in the keyboard backlight being on.

How can I change the behavior to:

1) Remember the last setting

or

2) Default to being off?

2 Posts

October 30th, 2015 12:00

On an M3800, my problem is similar but obverse - I want the keyboard backlight to be on an boot but it starts out off.  I manually switch it on via the keyboard.

Worse, when it goes out after inactivity, it doesn't automatically turn on again on a fresh keystroke.  Again it must be switched on manually.

What's needed is a simple tool to control the keyboard backlight default state, intensity and timeout values.  It should behoove Dell to provide one.  Some of us but these particular machines primarily because of the keyboard backlight.

32 Posts

November 6th, 2015 00:00

Hello,

Same problem here! Sorry, but I missed your post and opened another one. I'm glad to see someone else has reproduced the problem.

Have you had any luck? I don't really have a lot of time to go hacking a solution at the moment.

Do you think Dell ProSupport would help us in this case? I know that technically we should be on LTS to keep things supportable, but we know how well *that* went. I'm only moving with non-LTS versions because LTS was so unusable.

Cheers,
Bob

November 9th, 2015 01:00

Hi,

unfortunally I don't found any solution to solve this issue. I wrote in many forum but I don't have a solution for now.

I don't know if dell official support can help us, but i don't think.

regard,

Daniele

No Events found!