Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 3rd, 2015 13:00

Dell XPS 13 9350 Will not boot straight out of the box

Has anyone else received the new XPS 13 with the skylake processor and had boot problems?

Mine wouldn't boot straight from the box and Dell want to send an engineer out to look!

BRAND NEW!!

10 Posts

November 6th, 2015 03:00

same issue here. 

Dell does not seem to have an answer. 

3 Posts

November 6th, 2015 11:00

Same model? They offered me an engineer with a new hard drive, mother board and os. I've asked for a replacement but looking like 3-4 weeks. Joke!

74 Posts

November 6th, 2015 13:00

Sorry if this sounds rude, but "does not boot" is not what I consider an apt description of the problem in the Developer-Edition/Sputnik feedback forum.

Where does booting stop, what do you see on screen, can you get into bios, etc.

As there are no official DE versions of the Skylake Models AFAICT: did you try  to install Linux yourself and now it doesn't boot (likely forgot to disable secure boot or something like that) or does the preinstalled windows fail to launch?

You're both providing far too few details here.

10 Posts

November 11th, 2015 00:00

Sorry for posting into the wrong forum.

Could you please point us to the correct place. 

Dell seems to offer a product they are not able to actually support and this is very frustrating and as the official support does not seem to care about this issue I was hoping that maybe the community has an answer or a workaround for this issue as maybe it has nothing to do with the motherboard,...

So if you could point us to the right forum or even better if the Dell Community Managers could move this topic to the according forum I would appreciate this.

Regards

Thomas

November 11th, 2015 03:00

10 Posts

November 11th, 2015 04:00

Thanks for pointing us to the right forum and sorry if you lost another hour because of us posting to the wrong forum.

Somehow I do have the hope that the Dell Community Managers will move the thread as I did not start this one.

350 Posts

November 11th, 2015 06:00

Thanks for pointing us to the right forum and sorry if you lost another hour because of us posting to the wrong forum.

Somehow I do have the hope that the Dell Community Managers will move the thread as I did not start this one.

You're more than welcome to talk about Linux on the 9350 here. It's just that it isn't shipping with Ubuntu (or any other Linux distribution) yet. As you can see, there are issues, and Canonical hardware enablement team is still working through them, which is why the Developer Edition has not launched yet.

10 Posts

November 11th, 2015 07:00

Hi, this is all fine.

All I am asking for is that you move the content to the right forum as it has nothing to do with Ubuntu on the 9350.

Or is there no way to move a thread? 

10 Posts

November 11th, 2015 08:00

Started a new thread here:
en.community.dell.com/.../19660462

Please close this one.

No Events found!