Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 11th, 2015 10:00

Has anyone else been (literally) pinched by the XPS 13?

I am often wearing shorts and put the XPS 13 on my legs. If I put it on my legs, and then open it, it pinches me and hurts a lot. I haven't learned and I keep doing it and it keeps hurting. I don't think any design changes should be made because of this--I'm just curious if I'm the only idiot out there that has this repeatedly happen to her?

350 Posts

September 11th, 2015 10:00

I'm not quite sure how to respond to this. :P But, even in various states of dress and with hairy legs, this has never happened to me.

161 Posts

September 11th, 2015 18:00

Good to know! I'm not surprised. Thank you for the response.

September 14th, 2015 00:00

It's happened to me a couple of times, plus caught my fingers in the hinge once - that was my own stupid fault though.

1 Message

June 30th, 2017 10:00

No you are not the only one.   It happens to me all the time and it pisses me off!!!   What a stupid design.

161 Posts

July 1st, 2017 13:00

Yes, thank you for the confirmation, Mathesle! I personally don't think it's necessarily stupid. I think it's just so hard to make things work perfectly when there are such strict size constraints (i.e. keeping everything small).

1 Message

May 13th, 2021 09:00

just happened to me; well, considering it is a "laptop" that infers it sits on your lap, when you open it and it pinches the skin on your legs, it would seem to be at least an unpleasant oversight in design (flaw). 

No Events found!