Start a Conversation

Unsolved

E

1 Message

August 20th, 2021 05:00

How to buy XPS 13 with Ubuntu in Switzerland/Europe?

Dear Community/Dell-People,

I would like to purchase a XPS 13 with Ubuntu in Switzerland (with Swiss Keyboard layout). This should be possible because in the Description of the XPS 13 9310 it explicitly says: 
"Mit Windows 10 Pro oder Ubuntu 20.04 LTS erhältlich"
and:
"Linux-basierte Developer Edition
Ubuntu vorinstalliert:[...]"

additionally a few days ago I remember that the website gave me the option to choose Ubuntu (which also made the device cheaper). However, currently there is no such option (even though the description hasn't changed).

There is a recent (July) German news article about the XPS 13 Developer Edition:
https://www.heise.de/tests/Linux-Notebook-Dell-XPS-13-9310-mit-Ubuntu-Desktop-im-Test-6064002.html
That says that they couldn't order the device on the website but they could order it through support. But Dell does not seem to offer any kind of sales support for individuals in Switzerland. There is no E-Mail address to contact, their contact form requires you to state your company name and hasn't answered me as of yet. I also tried calling them but when I request assistance with a purchase the answering AI just tells me to go to the website and hangs up.

As a student I would also love to profit from their currently running promotion (15% off) which seems to be able to combine with their regular student discount (10% off) to result in 25% off. This makes the device extremely attractive.

Is there anything I can do to actually buy the device?

1 Message

September 29th, 2021 02:00

Hi

I would also like to buy XPS13 with Linux on it. i did try to reach Dell via customer support but their options just goes in a indefinite loop leaving no options to reach an agent. 

It is also disappointing that no one from Dell has replied to this question till now.

Come to think of it, might as well go for another Vendor who is more responsive.

Prime

3 Posts

October 21st, 2021 01:00

Same issue here, for the Netherlands. Contacted Dell sales chat recently about this and they were expecting the specific model I was for to become available. A XPS13. But noticed today that the configurations have been updated for the Netherlands, but still no Developer Edition.

1 Message

November 15th, 2021 05:00

The XPS 13 9310 developer version seems to be available now in Switzerland.

Best regards

No Events found!