Highlighted

RE: New Kaby Lake XPS 13: coil whine

Jump to solution

@Barton, Jared, Justin:

is there any update on the DA200 adapter incompatibility with Ubuntu? As addressed here: en.community.dell.com/.../20003547

by the way: my touchpad issue also isn't resolved (blacklisting the psmouse driver only helped temporarily) ...it's blacklisted in /etc/modprobe.d/xps13-9360.conf.... i created a service request for this.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@amccusker,

I apologize your experience.  What country are you in?  Im going to fwd this directly to the team working on this.  thanks

Barton George

0 Kudos
amccusker
1 Copper

Jump to solution

@Barton George,

Thanks for following up. I'm in the U.S. Dell is again asking me to ship the computer to its Houston location (already sent it there once). This time to replace the motherboard. As another user has mentioned, motherboard replacement hasn't fixed the issue. I'd rather not send the computer until this fix has been definitively resolved. This is turning into a massive waste of time and resources, which shouldn't happen for such an expensive, "top of the line", computer. Thanks again for your assistance.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I just friended you on the forum.  If you accept my request you can then send me your contact info directly and i can work with you to get this addressed while we are addressing the larger issue re the coil whine and replacements.

thanks

Barton George

0 Kudos
Aaron.W
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi, is the A02 part replacement on stock now (mine 9360 motherboard is A00)? I also have the same problem and kind of in a hurry in need of this laptop, so is there any way to make the replacement process as fast as possible?

0 Kudos
Ervytis
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I purchased mine one month ago and coil whine is very noticeable from time to time. I have  also noticed that sound is not very clear, a lot of crispy noise when watching videos on more than 60% volume.

Any news on that Motherboard replacement? I am based in UK.

0 Kudos
varlakov
1 Copper

Jump to solution

@Barton George

I sent you a PM. There is a replacement about to be sent out to me. Please confirm that it has the A02 per the initial ticket. Thanks !

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @Aaron.W,

We are still working on making this available so we dont have an exact date yet but addressing this is our biggest priority.

thanks

Barton George

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @Ervytis,

What your describing could actually be a couple of things.  The best way to find out whats actually going on is for you to start a case in the UK so that we can track it. Here's the link www.dell.com/.../dynamic

Let me know if you run into any roadblocks.  

Thanks!

Barton George

0 Kudos
braveheart0707
1 Copper

Jump to solution

is that released by Dell? If so, why isn't it on the Dell website?

0 Kudos