pcbd2000
1 Copper

RE: Update on XPS 13/15 2016 Developer Edition availability

Hi XPS 13 / Ubuntu team,

Any idea when the new XPS13  Developer Edition will be available to buy from Dell UK?

I've been checking the Dell UK website for last month, and product is always "Currently Unavailable".

Thanks,

Paul

0 Kudos

@PCBD2000,

Sorry its taken me awhile to get back to you.  You can get to the developer edition by going to this page http://www.dell.com/uk/p/xps-13-9360-laptop/pd.aspx?c=uk&l=en&s=dhs&fl=p 

HTH 

Barton George

0 Kudos

@PCBD200,

it looks my instructions after the link abvoe didnt come thru.  Once on the page, you want to get to the "next' button and click it until you get to the last three congfigs which are the dev editions

Barton George

0 Kudos
tomasz.tomasz
1 Copper

Hello Dell people - we have November now, and the last "XPS 15 coming to Linux soon, stay tuned" was in February.

Was Linux on Dell XPS 15 dropped then? XPS 15 looks like a decent laptop, but definitely not going to buy it with Windows, just to go through the pains of weird workarounds to make it working properly with Ubuntu.

0 Kudos
sofianito
1 Nickel

When shall we expect the new dell precision 5510 update with kaby lake?
0 Kudos

Hi Tomasz,

At this point we have no official plans to make XPS 15 available with Linux.  If we get enough customer demand we can reevaluate. 

If someone on the Dell side said "XPS 15 coming to Linux soon" I apologize.  (and if so, i hope it wasnt me 🙂

thanks for your support

Barton George

0 Kudos

@Sofiantio

It will happen but unfortunately we cant give a time.

thanks for the interest!

Barton George

0 Kudos
invalidlogic
1 Copper

Anyone know where the 16gb DE options went?

Saw them there a week or two ago, but now that I was thinking of upgrading, all I see are 2 8gb options for Ubuntu.

The Configurations page also removed the ability to filter completely... but scrolling through there are 12 configurations, and only the last 2 have Ubuntu and are only 8gb.

0 Kudos

Hi InvalidLogic,

We still have the 16GB option, the reason you cant get to them is because of the missing OS filter.  The missing filter is something which we are aware of and are working on.  I really apologize for the experience.

In the meantime you can contact Dell sales directly and order it.

Once again I apologize

Barton George

0 Kudos
sofianito
1 Nickel

Thanks George!

I hope it happens in Q1-2017 before Apple releases its kabylake models 🙂

Best regards,

0 Kudos