RE: Update on XPS 13/15 2016 Developer Edition availability

Unfortunately we cant give out dates 😞

Thanks for the interest!

Barton George

0 Kudos

> We do not sell the XPS 13 Developer Edition in Russia. My statement was specifically about Precision.

My mistake, you did talk about Precisions. Thank you for your clarification.

Really shame there's no XPS DE available here 😞 Precision 5510 is good, but XPS suits my needs better.

It turns out I was wrong. The XPS 13 Developer Edition is supposed to be available in Russia, but you have to order offline.

--
Project Sputnik development lead
Software Principal Engineer
Linux OS Architecture
Dell | Client Product Group

0 Kudos
Ingumsky
1 Copper

Thank you, Jared! I'll try.

0 Kudos
aaahaaap
1 Copper

@Sofiantio

It will happen but unfortunately we cant give a time.

thanks for the interest!

I'm definitely interested in a new Kaby Lake based XPS or precision as well!
Is any feedback on customer wishes of use to the sputnik team?

Since it's called a developer edition I'd very much prefer a high-end/i7/Xeon quad core Kaby Lake with an integrated GPU to give maximum battery life and cooling for the CPU instead of GPU power I never need for building software. Really hope that would be a possibility.

Also Xeon + 32GB ECC memory together with 2x nvme SSD would be very welcome to create the perfect Linux/ZFS dev workstation.

Another small thing: I see no added benefit to a Killer wifi card, just use a decent Intel one or a regular atheros card, that guarantees a bit better compatibility.

0 Kudos
aaahaaap
1 Copper

@Barton George or any other member of the sputnik team, is there any update/feedback on the Kaby Lake based 15" machines with regards to configuration and Linux support?

0 Kudos
samarth_math
1 Copper

Any chance of getting the 16 GB RAM with i5 on an XPS 13 WITHOUT THE TOUCHSCREEN?

I don't wanna give in the limited battery life to a touch and glossy QHD display, just want it with matte finish, and good configuration of 16 GB Ram etc... without that, I might end up purchasing my first non-dell laptop..!

0 Kudos
yeongil
1 Copper

Any chance of getting the 16 GB RAM with i5 on an XPS 13 WITHOUT THE TOUCHSCREEN?

I don't wanna give in the limited battery life to a touch and glossy QHD display, just want it with matte finish, and good configuration of 16 GB Ram etc... without that, I might end up purchasing my first non-dell laptop..!

I would say that there is no chance.  If that type of configuration is important to you, I would get a non-Dell laptop.

I, too, wanted an i5 with 16gb ram and no touchscreen.  In the end, I had to give up the 13" screen and get something bigger -- 15", on a Precision 5510.  It was expensive, but it was worth it to me.  Also, I was glad to have the larger screen.

0 Kudos
samarth_math
1 Copper

The precision looks pretty nice with the similar configurability. Don't see it with the 7th gen chip though. But why did you suggest going non Dell? Given precision looks like a great alternative? Was it for the 13'?

0 Kudos