Highlighted
DELL-Jared D
3 Argentium

RE: Update on XPS 13/15 2016 Developer Edition availability

I'll be checking for the answer. Thats the only thing keeping me from buying it at the moment. Thanks for all the effort!

I'm told that the restriction should be lifted by tomorrow. Please let me know if that's not the case.

I'm still waiting for confirmation on availability in other countries for all our Precision mobile workstations.

--
Project Sputnik development lead
Software Principal Engineer
Linux OS Architecture
Dell | Client Product Group

Highlighted
rcatajar
1 Copper

Hi Jared,

Thanks for all the updates and for helping bringing a proper OS on these great laptops 🙂

Do you have any updates on the availability of the precision 5510 with Linux in Europe (specifically in France in my case) ? It seems the Ubuntu OS choice is still not available.

Regards,

Romain

Highlighted
s.scheepens
1 Copper

If you build it I will come.

I have a very nice Latitude E6430 with Linux(Ubuntu 12.04 when I bought it and now running Fedora 23).

Do I need a new one...not really. It has 8GB RAM and a i7 quad-core CPU.

But if the XPS DE 2016 is released in the Netherlands I will not be able to stop myself from buying it.

Highlighted
Hello-World
2 Bronze

Hi! I know this probably gets annoying but is there any new Information on the release of XPS 13 Ubuntu? I read that some expect it to be shipping around April. Could you just vaguely estimate if it's between weeks or months?

I really appreciate your work with Linux Laptops and would be glad to support the Sputnik project. Thanks for any new Information in this Forum and have a nice day!

Highlighted
DELL-Barton Ge
3 Argentium

We're talking weeks not months (fingers crossed 😉  BTW it will be XPS 13 and the Precision line (vs XPS15)

thanks for the support!

Barton George

Highlighted
DELL-Barton Ge
3 Argentium

Hi Romain,

Jared is actively working this.  We are getting pretty dang close.  Stay tuned and thanks for the support!!!

Barton George

Highlighted
DELL-Jared D
3 Argentium

Do you have any updates on the availability of the precision 5510 with Linux in Europe (specifically in France in my case) ? It seems the Ubuntu OS choice is still not available.

It's available now offline (phone, account rep, etc) and is considered launched in every country we sell Precision mobile in. Online rollout takes some time, but it should be available online in your country any day now.

--
Linux OS Architecture

Highlighted
DELL-Jared D
3 Argentium

rcatajar

It's available now offline (phone, account rep, etc) and is considered launched in every country we sell Precision mobile in. Online rollout takes some time, but it should be available online in your country any day now.

Oh, and I should be clear that the same is also true for the Precision 3510, 7510 and 7710.

--
Linux OS Architecture

Highlighted
hroosen
1 Copper

Please make sure the XPS 13 Skylake Developer Edition will have a US-keyboard (horizontal "enter") option available in Germany!

So much better keyboard for developing than the German one. And so many non-German developers in Germany!!

Thanks a lot!!

Highlighted
Tomvest
1 Copper

Hi,

I understand that you can't provide any details before formal release. However, if you will make an XPS 13 Developer Edition of the cnx9322 (QHD+, i7-6560U, 16GB, 512GB PCIe) available in Denmark soon, you will have one more customer 🙂 (The 1TB is just too expensive...)

Just wishing 🙂