I wish Dell XPS Developer Edition 2022 model has these things:
- 15 inch AMOLED Display with at least 120 Hz refresh rate.
- Ubuntu and Redhat certified.
- Unsoldered 16 GB RAM or more
- Unsoldered 500 GB PCIe 5 SSD or more
- Intel and/or AMD Chipset. NO NVDIA.
- Has all hardware components which support fwupd for all firmware updates
- Support Coreboot
- Has all necessary ports for devs to use.
- No ugly touch Function bar. Please. NO.This would really impress a lot of devs in 2022 if Dell does something which I have mentioned above.
Go to Solution.
If you buy a XPS you won't get deep sleep. This only makes the idea of buying a Dell XPS laptop to use under Linux a big NO-NO.
View solution in original post