Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 1st, 2015 12:00

XPS 13 9343 (DE) - Occasional failure to resume from suspend, glitchy trackpad

I'm running into occasional failures when attempting to resume from Suspend. It's not consistent, happening one out of every 3-4 Suspends. Not sure whether this is a graphics driver issue or something else.

Additionally, still experiencing the glitchy trackpad tracking as others have, with no apparent change after psmouse.resetafter=0.

Ubuntu 14.04
Kernel 3.13.0-51-generic
BIOS A03

5 Posts

May 1st, 2015 16:00

Experiencing the same problems as well as bugs in the Wifi-card driver (I assume), sometimes no networks can be found at all untill I reboot the device...

Besides this I find the lack of support for the HiDPI screen to be a real pain in the neck, does anyone have any solutions (without having to resort to things as scaling to HD) the crispness of the display is one of the reasons I bought the ultrabook in the first place but the tiny buttons and text in some applications make them impossible to work with.

BIOS A00

Ubuntu 14.04

3.13.0-51-generic

6 Posts

May 4th, 2015 16:00

I haven't gotten a response from Dell, but I'll need to open a support ticket for that. Just been too busy.  Other than these two issues, no complaints from me so far.

Will update if I find out more.

31 Posts

I don't have any of those issues, but I'm on BIOS version A09.

You could try hunting down instructions to upgrade the BIOS. When I looked into it a couple years ago, it required Windows, but that could have changed by now.

3 Posts

Did you ever get a response or a resolution to these problems?  I just received my XPS 13 DE last week and love it, but the problems with it are crazy.  I'm thinking about just returning it.  I'm to linux and was really excited to learn the system, but I'm really concerned that this machine might not be my answer.   

6 Posts

This thread is for the early 2015 XPS 13 (9343); BIOS is only at A03 currently.

31 Posts

May 4th, 2015 17:00

Ah, sorry. Missed that. I'm still not used to there being multiple developer edition machines.

3 Posts

May 5th, 2015 06:00

I'll chat with pro support today too and see what they have in the works.

Thanks!  

4 Posts

May 6th, 2015 12:00

Add me to the list experiencing these issues. Stock A03.

3 Posts

May 7th, 2015 02:00

Also have the resume problems with a stock 2015 xps 13 developer edition. The trackpad was fixed by the

psmouse.resetafter=0 boot option.

With running "synclient SingleTapTimeout=1"

I'm going to switch to mint when these issues get resolved waiting to see what the fix is first though.

Looking at the report sent to ubutu after it crashes suggests the resume problem is due to pulse audio?

May 9th, 2015 13:00

I'm also experiencing the issues mentioned. Stock A03, installed all latest updates. I also had to fix the touchpad issues by adding the "ps...=0" to GRUB.

May 10th, 2015 20:00

I'm also having the same issues with the exact same stock hardware/bios setup.

3 Posts

May 12th, 2015 02:00

I installed all the updates but couldn't get touchpad issues to stop after adding "ps...=0". Thinking about upgrading to Ubuntu 15.04 sometime soon/

36 Posts

May 12th, 2015 04:00

The touchpad issues are not fixed in 15.04 as others have reported before me.

Disabling tab to click might help, but that makes the touchpad fairly pointless.

3 Posts

May 13th, 2015 12:00

So I ended up doing a factory re-install and adding ps...=0 like everyone else mentioned and it actually works better now (can't explain why.  I added ps...=0 before and the issue continued).  I'm still having trouble with returning of suspend and just yesterday started having trouble connecting to my wifi.....  

Sigh

36 Posts

May 13th, 2015 14:00

For the touchpad issue, please see this post that was made in the knowledge base:

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/SLN297219/en

This solution should help.

For that link I get the following. Is that the link you posted last night?

It claimed the problem does not exist in 15.04, but it does for me.

Sorry, there was a problem with your last request!

Either the site is offline or an unhandled error occurred. We apologize and have logged the error.
Please try your request again or if you know who your site administrator is let them know too.

No Events found!