Re: XPS 13 9370 no bluetooth after suspend

@kao_kz wrote:

Firmware update didn't help. Still experiencing bluetooth missing

try copying the whole qca folder to /lib/firmware/

0 Kudos
kao_kz
1 Nickel

@marcauxI've updated firmware exactly this way.

However, after few days bluetooth don't disappear anymore.

But now both wifi and bluetooth missing Smiley Sad Although, it has quick workaround - send laptop to sleep and wake it up

0 Kudos
marcaux
2 Bronze

@kao_kz wrote:

@marcauxI've updated firmware exactly this way.

However, after few days bluetooth don't disappear anymore.

But now both wifi and bluetooth missing Smiley Sad Although, it has quick workaround - send laptop to sleep and wake it up

you are right. After a long time it went quite well for me but today after suspending, cut the power cord, connect power and external monitor it was again gone. WIFI still works though.

There is also something really weird going on with the xhci usb driver. Before updating the qca firmware I just connected the external Dell display USB ports via the right USB-C port. Exactly after that the bluetooth adapter was gone.

Today after waking up from sleep when the BT adapter was gone again I had a lot of xhci USB driver related errors in my journal and it took minutes until the device came back to life.

0 Kudos
isset
1 Copper

I just wanted to confirm this very behavior with my XPS13 Ubuntu edition. I am running XUbuntu 18.04.

Bluetooth first died after every suspend, firmware upgraded -> worked for a while and now it dies again.

0 Kudos
adiego73
1 Copper

Same here. Ubuntu 18.04 kernel version 4.15.0-38.

0 Kudos
TomVld
1 Copper

Same issue on Dell XPS15 Ubuntu 18.04   TLP makes no difference it seems

0 Kudos
marcaux
2 Bronze

@TomVld wrote:

Same issue on Dell XPS15 Ubuntu 18.04   TLP makes no difference it seems

You, at least, can install a new WIFI card, like from Intel.

For the Killer one nothing makes a difference - please guys check the thread before posting the same things over and over.

We have to wait for a Firmware / Kernel fix.

0 Kudos
bayareadude
1 Copper

Are you saying other wifi cards don't have this problem? If so, which ones don't have this problem?

0 Kudos
marcaux
2 Bronze

You could try an Intel card for example.

This thread is just for the XPS 13 9370 though - with this model it's not possible to change the chipset because it's soldered onto the mainboard.

0 Kudos
jkrx
1 Nickel

A new firmware version (0.1.6.3) was released a few days ago but from the release notes it does not appear to address the issue described in this topic

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en/en/nldhs1/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=406X1&osCode=WT64A&pr...

0 Kudos