Highlighted
ziby
1 Nickel

XPS 13 USB issue

Hi all,

I'm experiencing some problems with the USB 2.0 left port on my XPS 13 using Ubuntu 12.04 (sputnik). Symptoms are the following:

-if I connect external drive, nothing happens (It works if connected on the right USB)

-if I connect my wireless mouse, it works but with a short range (using the right port the range is about many meters)

-if I connect my Android phone, no Android Debug is activated (debug works on right side)

-but...if I connect an USB stick storage.....it works!

Can you help me to figure out this? I've also updated my BIOS to A07 but nothing changed!

Thanks in advance

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
51 Replies
ziby
1 Nickel

Re: XPS 13 USB issue

up! any suggestions? ;|

0 Kudos
Tuku
1 Copper

I have the same issues you describe,  haven't try to debug yet...

0 Kudos
Delete12
1 Copper

I have exactly the same problem, even my wireless mouse lags when I insert the dongle into my left USB Port.

0 Kudos
ziby
1 Nickel

Anyone asked support service?

I've tried to put a USB-hub on the left usb port and It seems to work! (connected external HD and phone).

It is possible that the port is over-volted??

0 Kudos
bedaat
1 Nickel

Hi all,

I have got my XPS 13 today and have the same problems.

Wireless mouse works on the right usb, not on the left. 

Same with the android mass storage, works on the right but not on the left usb storage.

I have read about the special power supply usb port (for charging?). But I can see, that my phone charging accu on both usb sides.

Every resolve of this problem is welcome, thanks! 

Greets,

Peter

0 Kudos

Do you all have USB power sharing enabled in the BIOS setup? If not, do you notice any difference in your systems' behavior when you enable it?

--
Project Sputnik development lead
Software Principal Engineer
Linux OS Architecture
Dell | Client Product Group

0 Kudos
ziby
1 Nickel

nothing change...

0 Kudos
Delete12
1 Copper

I tried this as well, Unfortunately no difference :-(

0 Kudos
kb4xley
1 Nickel

My XPS 13 sample works with the following on the left-hand USB port(this is all I had on hand at the moment):

USB Hard drive, 320GB

Wired USB mouse

0 Kudos