Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 27th, 2009 12:00

Dual boot Fedora 12 with Windows 7

I have a Dell Inspiron 1440 laptop with Windows 7 installed in it. Now I want it to dual boot with Fedora 12. For this I tried to shrink the windows partition and install Fedora in it. But whenever I try to write linux in the unallocated space, it says it does not have enough space. I have a 320 GB hard drive. Windows is installed in 100GB. The rest is unallocated. Still Fedora is not able to read that free space.

What should I do to dual boot Fedora 12 with Windows 7?

Please help.

January 11th, 2010 10:00

Hi Baun,

1 First  you will go to Insatall Windowa 7.

2. After that Install Fedora 12.

Really I'll Help you cal me  or chat with me  at any time.

<ADMIN NOTE: Email Id & Mobile No. Removed Per Privacy Policy>

3 Posts

January 11th, 2010 10:00

Thank you for reply.

I tried that. But when I tried to install F12 it could not detect the free space available. I gives a message that there is not enough space in the disk. I also tried to install ubuntu 9.10. But it gives the message that available almost 240GB space is "unusable"?

So this is the problem I am facing... If you are free the you can chat with me on gtalk... My gmail id is - 

<ADMIN NOTE: Email Id Removed Per Privacy Policy>

2 Posts

January 23rd, 2010 06:00

Go to disk management in windows and delete the partiion where you want to install the linux. Then try installing

3 Posts

January 24th, 2010 03:00

Thank you for your reply...

I have successfully installed both windows 7 and fedora 12 just few days back. I could not partition it using the tools commonly used by default. Then I used gparted to make the partitions. That solved my problem.

November 18th, 2010 15:00

Solution : 1440 Dell Lab for Install Windows 7 & Fedora.

First Install Windows 7, when create Partition  Like(4 partition what ever you need) 1 .  100gb(for Windows C:),  2. 100gb 3. 100gb  4.  50 ( Remain Un allocated sapace)

After finished Windows 7 Installed, Restart with Fedora 12 DVD, select Un allocated space while installing after that always u Know right.

If not clear my answer contact me Ph: <ADMIN NOTE:Phone no.& Email Id removed per privacy policy>  Mail ID : ( Iam Always Using 1440 with Dual Boot)

No Events found!