Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

June 14th, 2017 19:00

E/Port, 130W Simple Port Replicator for Latitude E-Family not working with Ubuntu 16.04

I have the E/Port, 130W Simple Port Replicator for Latitude E-Family. It is a docking station for my Dell Latitude e6430. It worked fine when I used the Linux Lite 2.x series, based on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. I am now trying it for the first time with Linux Lite 3.4 64 bit, based on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. It works while it's going through the POST (power on self test), ie. I can see it get to the Dell splash screen and the GRUB menu, then it goes dark, the blue light on my monitor turns amber as if nothing is connected to it, and that's it. There is something in the Ubuntu 16.04 build that isn't allowing the laptop to display while connected to the docking station.

It just so happens that I have a Dell Latitude e6330 for work. I connected it to the same docking station, and things worked fine. It runs Windows 10 64 bit Enterprise. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 Message

September 7th, 2018 17:00

Has anyone tried with this driver? (I don't know how to recompile it for Ubuntu):

http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/bionic/man4/xhci.4freebsd.html

Thank you

No Events found!