Highlighted
neeal
1 Copper

RE: Inspiron 15-3521 DELL OEM Ubuntu image

Thanks  a ton buddy .... i have dell inspiron 15R 5520. i purchased with preloaded windows 8. As im a programer i need linux also so was running ubuntu was having same problem..i did many things, read many forums, didnt got anything worked!

but thanks to u...this Finally worked for me !!!!!!!!:emotion-1:

Highlighted
WeSiDe
1 Copper

I know I'm late to the party but I thought I'd share what I learned when I had this fan problem.  The source code for the drivers that control the speed of the fans relative to the temperature readings of the card is proprietary therefor the open source drivers do not have this so that leaves the only safe option of running at full speed all the time.  I was able to find some guides to build some debian installers for the proprietary catalyst drivers and the difference was huge.  AMD oughta be ashamed, I wonder how many people out there have machines sounding like ROFL copters so AMD can protect its benchmark scores.

Highlighted
durga venny
1 Copper

sir i want a same file but my laptop config is i3 3217u,4gb,500gb,intel hd 4000 plz give the link sir

Highlighted
nayeem3
1 Copper

Is this issue resolved?

Today i bought a Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Ubuntu)

Then updated the packages from UPDATE MANGER..
After updating and reboot Wi-Fi stopped working..
Then tried to recover it from the dell recovery..
During which it got stuck and stopped progressing..
Thats it.. Laptop doesnt boot after this..Its displaying NTLDR missing..Which we get when boot gets corrupted in Windows XP...

How can i recover again to the previous state?

Having a similar issue..

Highlighted
nayeem3
1 Copper

Today i bought a Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Ubuntu)

Then updated the packages from UPDATE MANGER..
After updating and reboot Wi-Fi stopped working..
Then tried to recover it from the dell recovery..
During which it got stuck and stopped progressing..
Thats it.. Laptop doesnt boot after this..Its displaying NTLDR missing..Which we get when boot gets corrupted in Windows XP...

Highlighted
shivtej2008
1 Copper

i have brought  inspiron i5 3521 with windows 8 pre-install . I want to use ubuntu on my laptop i went to service center but not happy with the service , can i install ubuntu i tried

install it by my own but fan was running horrible

Highlighted
neeal
1 Copper

Hi Shivtej2008,

Your fan running continuously because your machine got hybrid graphic card along with Intel graphics.

I faced the same problem untill the release of Ubuntu 16.04  LTS. I  am now using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS with no fan running problem.