Start a Conversation

Unsolved

G

30 Posts

December 3rd, 2018 08:00

Installing Ubuntu 16.04 on Precision 5820 in UEFI Mode

I'm Strugglint to install Ubuntu 16.04 in a Workstation Precision 5820 I started with Secure Boot and UEFI Enabled and no Success. I tried with Secure Boot Disabled and UEFI Enabled and no Success In both case the result is the same during the boot at certain point i have black screen with a blinking cursor on the top-left of the screen The only way to boot a media to install Ubuntu in Disable both Secure Boot and UEFI. There is any things that i can to so install Ubuntu with at least UEFI enabled?

5.6K Posts

December 3rd, 2018 19:00

@giobaxx wrote:
I'm Strugglint to install Ubuntu 16.04 in a Workstation Precision 5820 I started with Secure Boot and UEFI Enabled and no Success. I tried with Secure Boot Disabled and UEFI Enabled and no Success In both case the result is the same during the boot at certain point i have black screen with a blinking cursor on the top-left of the screen The only way to boot a media to install Ubuntu in Disable both Secure Boot and UEFI. There is any things that i can to so install Ubuntu with at least UEFI enabled?

I suggest asking at the Ubuntu forums.

April 27th, 2021 22:00

Ubuntu 16.04 works only in Legacy mode in 5810 and 5820 models.

No Events found!