Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 17th, 2011 13:00

Petition for dell programming team !!!

Recentley i,ve bought myself an xps 15 with the gt 540 m graphics card.but,as i want to use it with linux it turns out that because of optimus i can't,so i fell like a fool paying for an expensive laptop and not being able to use it with Linux and just with Windows.So,my question is for you,dell developers: is there anyway that in the near future to develop a bios in which users like me can disable the optimus system just to be able to take full advantage of what they have bought or should i return the laptop and consider going for another brand that doesn't use this annoying optimus(for linux users)? i guess that paying 1050€ for a laptop has to give the opportunity of using it how i want to with whatever i want to and not beeing stuck in Windows !!! just look here and you'll see my point http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1713308 .I really hate that my brother bought a very cheap laptop and can use it as he wants and i paid twice as much for a pure windows one... there are a lot of l502x users that want to use Linux for work(like me for example). PLEASE HELP !!! :emotion-6:

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

April 17th, 2011 14:00

First, we are users helping users on this forum, we are not Dell employees.  You will have to find some other way to voice your concerns with Dell.

Second, the service tag number is forbidden by the forum "TOS" as it's considered personal information.  edit your post and remove the Service Tag number.

2 Posts

April 17th, 2011 14:00

so maybe someone can send me an email or something like this to send this to dell developers...

No Events found!