Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 9th, 2017 06:00

system Image

Hello,

My original OS which came with my unit (Dell Inspirion 15 3567) was Linux Ubuntu 16.04, which i deleted and installed windows 10. Now i would like install back Linux but I don't know if the standard ISO File which i can download from the Linux website is the same which was on the unit or is there any way that i can obtain a system image?

• 

16.7K Posts

October 11th, 2017 09:00

The Canonical download version is pretty much the same one with the exceptions that it is a standard copy of Ubuntu without any Dell customizations such as Dell drivers, diagnostics and OS Restore capabilities.

Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS

2 Posts

October 11th, 2017 12:00

And can i download somewhere the OS with the Dell custumizations ?

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

October 31st, 2017 12:00

No

1 Message

November 13th, 2017 14:00

Why not? There should be a way to create the recovery usb stick through some app like Dell OS Recovery Tool... however it doesnt seem to work (at least for me).

I have a Dell Gaming 7567 that came with UBuntu 16.04, which I removed to install Windows (I own a copy) and then reinstall Ubuntu with dual boot. However I cannot do this since I lost my key with the recovery Ubuntu image. So I tried the Canonical Ubuntu and surprise! It doesn`t work correctly. I have problems with the login screen and it keeps crashing. I also cannot turn it off correctly since it also crashes and I have to press and hold the power key.

So, yeah, there IS a way to get the iso, but someone is not doing her/his work correctly and thus I cannot download the image using Dell`s official app Dell OS Recovery Tool which only purpose is to make bootable USB sticks/CD/DVD with  an OS image.

1 Rookie

• 

59 Posts

May 29th, 2018 12:00

Cannonical Non-dell customised UBUNTU 18.04 Bionic LTS (stable)

Link with latest updates pre-installed:

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/bionic/daily-live/

U will see a folder with today's date, open it (DONT OPEN YESTERDAY"S FOLDER)

Download file : bionic-desktop-amd64.iso

These are generic ISOs released by Canonical, and works pretty well on  my system.

Dell customised Ubuntu images are not listed in their servers, hence u will be unable to dwnld ( even if u had ubuntu out of the box)

I am in contact with Advanced Resolution Team & they're on it!!

For now, satisfy ur thirst with the link I gave^

No Events found!