Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 22nd, 2013 08:00

DCIP 3.1 not working with SCCM 2012 SP1

I'm testing DCIP 3.1 with my SCCM 2012 SP1 test site.  I can use the driver package import functionality successfully.  I'm having a problem with the function to import a Dell CCTK SCE package though.

When I run the SCE package import though the SCCM console  it comes up OK and allows me to browse to the exe I want to import.  It then progresses the green status bar all the way to the end and just sites there.  Nothing displays in the details portion of the window.  I can click close and it closes.  However, no package gets imported or created.  I suspect it's tryign to write the new package contents somewhere within the \\%SiteServer%\SMS_%SiteCode%\ directory structure.  Does anyone know where it will try to create the package source or what else could be causing this issue?

1.1K Posts

May 22nd, 2013 14:00

A couple quick checks.  

1. Ensure that you are running the ConfigMgr console with elevated permissions.  This is what typically causes most issues with DCIP.

2. After import, you will need to update your distribution points to get the package on the DP's and available.

33 Posts

May 23rd, 2013 05:00

Thanks for the response Warren.  I am running the CM console elevated.  I figured out that was necessary in order to get the driver cab import to work.  That still doesn't fix the CCTK SCE import for me.  It never imports the package so I never get to the point of adding to distributioni points.  This is what it does:

33 Posts

May 29th, 2013 09:00

any other thoughts?

1.1K Posts

May 29th, 2013 14:00

I've sent your response to the dev team and I'm awaiting their feedback.

33 Posts

June 12th, 2013 08:00

is there a way for me to engage the dev team on this issue?  I've made no progress on it

1 Message

June 19th, 2014 06:00

We are having this exact same issue upon a new install of DCIP to use with CCTK SCE imports.

We also have a time- critical need for a fix.

No Events found!