Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 7th, 2013 01:00

Equalogic MP: offline Volumes

Hi everyone!

Any idea how to handle (manually) offline volumes in the SCOM Management Pack?

Unfortunately the MP raises an alert and changes to unhealthy state as soon as a volume is offline, even if it is configured by admin.

Because the volumes are not discovered as class-instances, there is no change to configure an override.

Thanks in advance,

Patrick

21 Posts

March 14th, 2013 00:00

Needed to clarify: What version of the MP are you using?

Is this the "Dell EqualLogic : SCSI Logical Unit Status Changed" alert (available in 5.0 onwards) or the  "Dell EqualLogic : Volume Group Health Notification Alert"?

March 14th, 2013 02:00

Hi Thomas Jacob!

Im currently not onsite but the newest one what should be 5.0.

Thanks,

Patrick

21 Posts

March 19th, 2013 00:00

Can you please also confirm which alert (from the two mentioned above) this is?

(One is generated by a unit monitor and the other is generated by a rule)

March 20th, 2013 07:00

Hi!

From the montior. The alert is: "Dell EqualLogic : Volume Group Health Notification Alert"

Thanks,

Patrick

21 Posts

March 21st, 2013 10:00

Hi Patrick The Unit Monitor alert is based off an API in the EqualLogic Helper Utility DLL. So, we would need to change the DLL to change the behavior. :( IIRC, we do exclude non-replica volumes from the health computation but not offline volumes currently. Regards Thomas

21 Posts

March 21st, 2013 10:00

typo in my earlier response: it should read: "we do exclude replica volumes from the health computation..."

March 28th, 2013 02:00

Thomas,

thanks for your reply! So we will get a new version of the MP?

Cheers,

Patrick

April 9th, 2014 03:00

Hi! Again and again we are getting the same alerts at customers. Would you be able to tell me if and when that would be fixed? Thanks and best regards, Patrick

1 Message

March 4th, 2015 03:00

hey Team,

I've have the exact same problem at a Customer. A few volume are offline, I've got the alert in SCOM, and I cannot fine tune it :(

No Events found!