Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 7th, 2013 22:00

SCOM 2012 monitoring of M1000e+PowerEdgeM910

Hello colleagues!

Here is the situation. We have enclosure M1000e with 7 blades PowerEdgeM910.
I'm new in hardware monitoring via SCOM, so please sorry if my questions are dummy:)  
Now the goal is monitoring of this hardware via SCOM 2012.

My steps:

1) I've downloaded and installed latest management packs and imorted them into Management server of SCOM 2012.
2) I've installed agents on my M910 blades(under Windows Server)
3) I've discovered enclosure M1000e via Network discovery rules and found it(snmp)

So for now the problems are:

1) I see in the SCOM monitoring state view(inband)  only one blade server  first  phisically installed in the enclosure.
So why i can't see other 6 blades? what do i need to do to solve this issue?
2) I see in the CMC view only basic status of enclosure. Is it normal?
3) How to monitor iDRAC consoles?Steps?

38 Posts

July 8th, 2013 22:00

Ohhh then there lies the problem. You need to install OMSA on all the servers that are to discovered through In-Band.

You can get from Dell support site.

38 Posts

July 8th, 2013 03:00

Do you see all the blades come under SCOM Administrators Pane's Agent Managed view. If you see them then enable the logging and see the differences.

To enable logging go to the Authoring Pane, Click on Object Discoveries, Right click on Dell Server Discovery and enable logging

To monitor iDRAC you need to obtain licenses. Please go through the IG of Server MP5.0.1

July 8th, 2013 04:00

Thanks for answer V Bhima Raju!

Unfortunately i see only one blade server and don't see other 6 blades.

iDRAC. No, i don't want use this for monitoring. "in-band" monitoring is enought for me.

Yes, ofcourse, i use IG of Server MP 5.0.1

July 8th, 2013 04:00

Well, Dell Server Discovery enabled by default.

38 Posts

July 8th, 2013 06:00

Server in-band discovery is enabled by default. If you want to see logging information of discovered servers then you have override the discovery to enable logging, LogLevel is the value to be overridden. The default value of LogLevel is 0 so make it to 1 to enable logging.

38 Posts

July 8th, 2013 06:00

If you dont see server under Administrators Pane Agent Managed then those servers wont be discovered under server in-band state view.

Please push the SCOM agents to all the blades.

To push the agent go to the Administrators Pane's Agent Managed and do discovery of windows computer. Please add all the blade names in the list and complete the discovery process.

If the discovery of windows computers are successfully completed you will see them under agent managed state view.

38 Posts

July 8th, 2013 21:00

If the agents are installed successfully then you should see them under Administrators Pane's Agent Managed View. If you can't see them please redo the installation of agents.

July 8th, 2013 21:00

Well. agents have been installed before i installed management pack.

38 Posts

windows  temp location

I've overrided Dell Server Discovery logging to value "1'. Where can i see log file?

38 Posts

Did you install OMSA on those blades?

Please override the server discovery to enable logging. Follow below steps for overriding log level to 1

Go to Authoring Pane

Go to Object Discoveries

Search for dell

RIght Click Dell Server Discovery and override the loglevel to 1

See the information in log file.

Thanks. I will install OMSA and send feedback.

No, i didn't install OMSA on the blades. How to get this software?

I see those blades under Administrators Pane's Agent Managed View.

July 10th, 2013 03:00

Well, for now i see all my blades with "Healthy" status in the Dell MP View.

But i would like to understand CMC monitoring. I've discovered CMC via SNMP and it is shown CMC View of Dell MP.

But as i see there is not to much information about CMC, just "Healthy" status and when i see Diagram View of CMC i find just couple nodes of view. Is it normal? Am i correct that discovered CMC via SNMP?

No Events found!