Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 12th, 2013 02:00

Server Management Pack 5.1 on SCOM 2012 SP1 - Feature Management Dashboard is still not populated

As many others I had no luck with the population of the Feature Management Dashboard in the Dell Server Management Pack 5.0.1 version.

So I started a new try with the 5.1 version on SCOM 2012 SP1 (+UR3): but the Feature Management Dashboard is still not populated after waiting several days: neither after upgrading the MP nor after completly remove the MP and reinstall it - both using the MP installer.

I ckecked the hints in earlier posts for this issue but didn't find a solution. How to get the Feature Management Dashboard to be populated?

Thanks,

Peter

2 Posts

September 19th, 2013 06:00

Hi Peter,

I have the same problem here. Also not populated.

Did yoy get any further with the problem?

Regards,

Ron

10 Posts

January 15th, 2014 08:00

Me too.  In my event log, I see the following:

The process started at 3:38:22 PM failed to create System.Discovery.Data. Errors found in output:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012 R2\Operations Manager\Server\Health Service State\Monitoring Host Temporary Files 2009\32468\LicenseConfiguration_Discovery.vbs(53, 4) WshShell.RegWrite: Invalid root in registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Dell\Dell Server Management Pack Suites\LicenseWebServerURL".

I'm not trying to use features that require a license server, so I didn't check that box during installation.  Not sure why the MP didn't get the memo.

February 3rd, 2014 22:00

Hi  Sethwanlass,

are you still seeing same kind of errors in event log ?

The reason why you are getting this error is LicenseWebServerURL key is not present in registry.(someone deleted the key from registry)

When you install Dell Server Management Pack Suite 5.1 , by default LicenseWebServerURL key is created in registry. if you are using license features then this key is filled with proper url . if you are not using license features it will get filled by default value "http://licensewebserver.company.com:8543/"

If you are still getting the same kind of errors in the event log, please do repair of Dell Server Management Pack suite  5.1 (Goto Control Panel -> Select Dell server Management Suite 5.1 -> click change  and select repair option in the installer)

10 Posts

February 4th, 2014 05:00

Alluri,

I see this behavior on both Management Servers in the Management Group (both are SCOM 2012 R2 running on Windows Server 2012 R2).  Nobody has gone in and deleted keys or data from the registry and a repair operation does not repopulate the default value that you've indicated; either after a fresh install and after a repair operation, the LicenseWebServerURL REG_SZ exists, but has no data.  I have manually specified the default value that you indicated and will see if the Feature Management Dashboard populates sometime in the next 24 hours.

10 Posts

February 4th, 2014 06:00

I have got a few comments:

1. What's wrong with waiting 24 hours?  I think it is ridiculous that Dell needs to repeatedly post users to a workaround to speed up discovery.  If the product doesn't work as designed, why not fix it rather than rely on a kludge through multiple versions of the product?

2. Since the current version of the MP is 5.1 and the latest version of SCOM is 2012 R2, why not create a new post that acknowledges those facts.  I'm familiar enough with the issue to know that it persists into the new versions, but the 2/19/2013 blog post doesn't actually acknowledge that fact.

3. Does anyone enjoy trying to find a specific object discovery in SCOM?  If Dell wants customers to be able to be able to implement workarounds for buggy products, why not at least identify a Management Pack Object that will lead them to the relevant object discoveries?

10 Posts

February 5th, 2014 05:00

After manually specifying the default LicenseWebServerURL, and waiting, the dashboard is now populated.  In my experience, that key is not populated in the manner that you indicate and I'd appreciate it if Dell did some additional validation.

25 Posts

March 24th, 2014 05:00

I am joining here to be updated of any resolution steps. SCOM 2012 R2 and Dell Mgmt Pack 5.1 - dashboard empty, I have run out of ideas.

Seems very common issue with no sucessfull resolutions yet.

To make it more complicated I have two separate Mgmt Groups.

Went fine on first one which has two Management Servers  (both are SCOM 2012 R2 running on Windows Server 2012 R2). 

The other Mgmt Group has just one Mgmt Server built exactly the same as above (parallel environments) - and no matter what I try dashboard stays empty.

The only thing I could find was this error which seems inappropriate as I am using only license-free mgmt packs, groups were created in AD and accounts from both mgmt groups added to them.

What identity is needed here when even Domain Admin account is not enough?

The process started at 06:37:31 failed to create System.Discovery.Data. Errors found in output:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012 R2\Operations Manager\Server\Health Service State\Monitoring Host Temporary Files 3622\47132\LicenseConfiguration_Discovery.vbs(39, 1) (null): The server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect. Check the username and password.

No Events found!