Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 4th, 2020 02:00

Unable to add discovery profiles

Hello again.

I successfully (?) enrolled appliance with SCOM 2019 and imported all management pack.

Now I am going to discover the devices. So, as reported in the docs, I need to add profiles. I use SCOM Management Console, DELL EMC Open-Manage Integration Dashboard, and I am required to insert username and password. Windows domain user used to enroll doesn't work, neither admin. Using admin console there is no way to add users. What am I missing?

Thank you

46 Posts

August 4th, 2020 23:00

Hi @alep71 

Here I will explain: 1) how to login to the Dell EMC OpenManage Integration Dashboard 2) How to discover device from Dell EMC OpenManage Integration Dashboard after logging in.

1) After the import of Dell EMC Management Packs into SCOM console, Go to Monitoring Pane in the SCOM console -> Dell EMC -> Dell EMC OpenManage Integration Dashboard Views -> Dell EMC OpenManage Integration Dashboard. Login page is displayed. This dashboard is used for performing device discovery from the OMIMSSC appliance from within the SCOM console. 

Provide a domain user account credentials which has local admin privileges on the SCOM management server [for example: domain-user\user-name; password] You can use the credentials used during enrollment as well. 

2) After logging to Dell EMC OpenManage Integration Dashboard you can discover a device, a credential profile of type "device credential profile" is required to be created (from the Dell EMC OpenManage Integration Dashboard) which corresponds to the device credentials. This profile will be used to authentication from OMIMSSC appliance to the corresponding devices. After login:

a. Go to device view, for example: under Monitoring ->  "Server View "

[Tip($): click on the arrow mark on the top left corner on the Dell EMC OpenManage Integration Dashboard to see expanded names of the tabs]

b.Click "Discover"

c. Provide the iDRAC IPv4 address (or range of IP within a subnet)

d. Click "Create new" in Credential Profile field. Select type as "Device Credential Profile" 

e. Provide a name for the profile for example, "MyCred", set protocol to http, provide iDRAC user name, iDRAC password, http/WSMAN port number in the corresponding fields. Click save.

f. Select the device cred profile created ("MyCred") from the drop down in Credential Profile field.

g. Provide a name for the discovery job, click run and view its status, run history and next run schedule in Jobs and Logs Center. 

In case of Dell EMC CMC/OME-M (modular systems), above steps remain same except -> perform the discovery from Modular System View and provide the Chassis username and password during device credential profile creation.

In case of Dell EMC Network switch discovery, above steps remain same except for: Perform discovery from Network Switch View, set protocol to SNMP during device credential profile creation and provide the switch SNMP community string, SNMP port number and save the profile.

($): icons will be displayed based on browser settings

I hope this helps.

regards,

Anjana

46 Posts

August 5th, 2020 00:00

Hi @alep71 ,

Few questions to understand your setup configuration and suggestions:

1. How many Management Servers are there in the Management Group?

2. Are all the management servers part of the All Management Server Resource Pool? 

3. Is the management console feature installed on the management server which has been enrolled?

4. Please try to refresh the dashboard login (either navigate to any other view come back to the Dell EMC OpenManage Integration Dashboard or right click on the login page and click refresh). Try to login (domainname\username; password). In case the credentials are save, please type in the password freshly. 

Login will be successful with the credentials used during enrollment on the management server which has been enrolled. (You can check in Admin portal -> Settings -> Console Enrollment page to view enrolled 

regards,

Anjana

• 

790 Posts

August 4th, 2020 07:00

Hi,

Maybe you need to use the admin account that was created while implementing the appliance - just an idea.

I hope that @AnjanaRM can help out here, as I do not have any clue.

Cheers
Stefan

7 Posts

August 4th, 2020 09:00

Thank you for your response. I can't use admin account because it seems it used only on admin page.

From the SCOM management pack the account need to be in the domain\user format (Windows account?). Administrative account should be  a local appliance account.

7 Posts

August 4th, 2020 23:00

Hello. None of the local domain accounts on SCOM Management Server are working in the Dell EMC Open Manage Integration Dashboard, including the account used to enroll the system.

Response is username and password incorrect. 

Where can I check logs?

7 Posts

August 5th, 2020 00:00

Thank you for your response.

When logging in SCOM console -> Dell EMC -> Dell EMC OpenManage Integration Dashboard Views -> Dell EMC OpenManage Integration Dashboard I always get this error: Username or password  is incorrect. I tried different local admins users on SCOM Management server, who are also Scom admins. I checked some logs randomly , and I found that the (system?) time is different than admin web console time.

Success OMIMSSC Console has started successfully. Any incomplete jobs are cancelled. admin Appliance August 5 2020 09:06 AM

2020-08-05 03:12:30,350 ERROR: com.dell.clarity.sdk.ui.authorization.DellUIAuthenticationProvider - Exception from the SecurityService
com.dell.clarity.sdk.ui.exception.SpectreFaultClientException
	at com.dell.clarity.sdk.ui.spring.SpectreFaultMessageResolver.resolveFault(SpectreFaultMessageResolver.java:59)
	at org.springframework.ws.client.core.WebServiceTemplate.handleFault(WebServiceTemplate.java:830)

I really don't know if this is related to my issue.

Dell EMC Open Manage Integration Dashboard MP is 7.1.0.5 , DELL EMC OMIMSCC configuration MP is 7.1.0.1. OMIMSSC Appliance virtual machine is version 7.1.1. It has been patched automatically.

7 Posts

August 5th, 2020 04:00

Hello,

thank you again for your support.

We have one management server, and it's the only in the all management server group. The management console is installed on the management server which is been enrolled.

But, following your instructions, I have discovered that authentication works only from the management console on the management server, not from the management console on my PC (using the same user ad same password I have username or password incorrect message). 

46 Posts

August 5th, 2020 04:00

Hi @alep71 

Thanks for your response. 

regards,

Anjana

No Events found!