Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 23rd, 2016 05:00

EMC - SCOM Management Pack

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to measure utilization space with SCOM for devices:

- VNX5400

- DD4500

- XtremIO –10TB X-Brick

and if Management Pack exist for those devices?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 23rd, 2016 08:00

You should be looking at the ESI Tool and the MP that comes with it. It has the latest storage device monitoring configuration for SCOM. See the home page below:

https://inside.emc.com/community/active/projects/emc-storage-integrator

Current version is v3.9 that I am actively working with it on a customer site if you have more questions.
I see the VNX5400 and XtremIO v3.0.3 and higher supported on the support matrix but I am not seeing the DD4500. Is that an older device? I may have gone EOPS. The support matrix and the Release notes for 3.9 should indicate which is supported and should be on the site link I sent but I have attached them here since I had them. The Product Notification doc indicates the EOPS dates for the older versions.

3 Attachments

2 Posts

April 20th, 2016 11:00

ESI Tools also help you to integrate System Center Virtual Machine Manager for automated provisioning. You could so "setup a realy cool private cloud environment".

August 12th, 2021 20:00

DDxxxx is Data domain that is not supported by ESI (and unlikely to be by its replacement we are all waiting on) as it is not the type of 'storage' device ESI manages.

SNMP monitors/traps can be setup, or externally run scripts to ssh in and retrieve the required info. or API calls. Backup applications that use DD might have a MP that will alert when its capacity is over threshold.
You could even be creative with  API calls to DPA.... where there is a will there is at least one way.

No Events found!