Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 10th, 2015 16:00

Active Stylus Problems (Venue Pro 11, 7140)

I have a Dell Active Stylus A02 together with a Dell Venue 11 Pro 7140. The problem I have is that the stylus sometimes stops working and is not recognized anymore by the tablet. As a workaround, resetting the stylus by removing/reinserting the battery always works, but is slightly inconvenient. Is this problem already known and is there any solution available?

828 Posts

March 10th, 2015 20:00

I have a Dell Active Stylus A02 together with a Dell Venue 11 Pro 7140. The problem I have is that the stylus sometimes stops working and is not recognized anymore by the tablet. As a workaround, resetting the stylus by removing/reinserting the battery always works, but is slightly inconvenient. Is this problem already known and is there any solution available?

While most customers have good results with the A02 version of the stylus, there have been some exceptions.   You shouldn't have to reset the stylus like that.   I'd recommend contacting support and requesting the new A00 version of the stylus.   The revision changed back to A00 as the result of a new part number.   The new stylus can be identified easily as it is silver and black instead of all black.

15 Posts

March 11th, 2015 01:00

Thank you very much, I will then contact support on that!

March 11th, 2015 17:00

Thanks so much for that info, I just got mine in the mail, my packing slip said I was getting a A03 but the box said A00 and I got really nervous that I had a old *** one... Thanks!

915 Posts

March 12th, 2015 16:00

Thanks so much for that info, I just got mine in the mail, my packing slip said I was getting a A03 but the box said A00 and I got really nervous that I had a old *** one... Thanks!

My guesstimate, based on what I have seen, is that the new stylus sometimes has been referenced as the A03 version, as it is the third revision of the Dell active stylus (third time's the charm!); as explained above, it otherwise is referred to as the A00 version, as there is a new SKU/part number being used for the new, (fixed) version of the product, presumably trying to keep this version (the black and silver version) of the stylus separate from the earlier sometimes problematic version (the all black version).

March 23rd, 2017 09:00

Why don't you guys have it for sale on your website then?

2 Posts

October 7th, 2017 17:00

I have the black and silver stylus and it has become very erratic, working only a few minutes at a time with a fresh battery, requiring the upper and lower parts to be unscrewed and rescrewed to get it to restart.  Unfortunately it's just out of warranty.  I called support and was told there was no solution except for me to buy a new one. Just wondered if this is throwing good money after bad.  Has anyone else had one of these that's been reliable for more than a year?

No Events found!