Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 13th, 2015 02:00

Dell Venue 11 5130 touchscreen driver missing

My cousin recently gave me his Venue 11 tablet as I needed a device to use for just typing up coursework at college, as my 17" MacBook Pro would be too cumbersome and fragile to carry on the London Underground five times a week. So I reinstalled windows 8 onto the tablet and when it booted up, the touchscreen wouldn't work at all. I cannot even find the Synaptics driver to make Windows recognise the touchscreen and the drivers listed on the Dell website do not even work. I've reinstalled Windows countless times as I know Windows 8 contains some form of generic touchscreen driver itself.  The screen works when in the UEFI configuration of the tablet but when Windows boots it cannot find it. The Device Manager doesn't even recognise the screen as a HID compliant touchscreen and the System menu in the Control Panel says no touch input available. Does anyone have any idea where the drivers for the screen are?

828 Posts

May 13th, 2015 10:00

You need to load the chipset and/or video drivers to resolve this problem.   Go to support.dell.com and load the drivers page for the product you have (5130, 7130 or 7140).   Pull down those and install and it should fix the issue.

May 13th, 2015 12:00

You are literally a lifesaver. Thank you very much!

1 Message

January 27th, 2017 13:00

Brian,

I've installed the chip set driver file and restarted my tablet, but the touchscreen is still unresponsive. The audio driver isn't working either ("no audio output device is installed"). Do you have any other advice?

No Events found!