Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 3rd, 2016 07:00

Dell Venue 11 Pro won't boot after Windows 10 upgrade...

I upgraded my Dell Venue 11 Pro (7140) to Windows 10.

After the upgrade I'm getting an error (0xc000000f) stating that required hardware can't be found (with a picture of a numeric keypad.)

It also says that I need to run the Windows Recovery Tool. I'm trying to create a bootable USB drive but it seems that the Windows Media Tool isn't working with my USB drives (from posts it seems this is due to the devices appearing as hard drives instead of as removable drives) and I don't have a Windows 10 iso image to use a tool like Rufus to create a bootable USB drive.

Thoughts?

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

November 6th, 2016 21:00

Hi cbwilliamsnh,

Switch ON the system and switch OFF the system 3 to 4 times when the Dell logo appears. This will make the system to go into ‘Windows 10 Advanced Startup Options’ screen. Please select Troubleshoot option and choose the RESET option so that it refreshes the windows operating system Please use the option Keep files.

Note: You may loss all of the data by performing above steps backup all data from the system before proceeding with steps using a help with local computer techncian.

2 Posts

November 15th, 2016 05:00

did you solve the issue? I also experience same error after the window 10 updates.

1 Message

December 19th, 2016 10:00

I'm trying fix a Venue 11 with this same exact problem.

Power ON and OFF 3-4 goes to a Windows screen that just gives option to 1. Try again, 2. F8 for start up settings, 3. ESC to UEFI firmware settings, and F9 to use a different operating system.

There is no "Troubleshoot" or "Reset Option".

No Events found!