Highlighted
Brad01
Copper

Dell Venue 8 Pro - Mobile Broadband

I'm looking at the Venue 8 Pro, and it has all the main features I'm looking for.  However, on the configuration page, there seems to be an issue with the Mobile Broadband section.  It has "Not selected in this configuration" and no way to select anything to suggest that I will be getting this feature if I order.  I tried talking to a customer service rep about it.  They are just copy and pasting what's on the screen if you click "Help me Choose", which doesn't confirm that the base tablet as configured has the option already installed.  It seems very vague and confusing.  Can someone who is in the know give some more information on this?  Is this option currently available?  Will it be available in the future, and if so, can any info on the date be released? 

Thanks!

Tags (1)
29 Replies

RE: Dell Venue 8 Pro - Mobile Broadband

Im sorry to tell you that there is no mobile broadband option on the Dell Venue 8 Pro. The Dell Venue 11 Pro does have a mobile broadband option. 

0 Kudos
Steve_NYC
Copper

That's not entirely accurate.  The current listing for the Dell Venue 8 Pro in the Home section does not show the cellular option.  But a cellular option is expected for this device.  Dell's own spec sheet for the Venue 8 Pro clearly states the following two WWAN cards:

Wireless WAN Dell Wireless 5570E (HSPA+) Mobile Broadband

Dell Wireless 5808E (4G LTE/HSPA/EVDO) Mobile Broadband (available in USA only)

Only time will tell when these options are made available.

scarpad1701
Copper

Guess I'll be returning mine as I was clearly told in chat that it would have a sim slot and LTE radio. You guys have to educate your employees better.

JordanMills
Silver

That's not entirely accurate.  The current listing for the Dell Venue 8 Pro in the Home section does not show the cellular option.  But a cellular option is expected for this device.  Dell's own spec sheet for the Venue 8 Pro clearly states the following two WWAN cards:

Wireless WAN Dell Wireless 5570E (HSPA+) Mobile Broadband

Dell Wireless 5808E (4G LTE/HSPA/EVDO) Mobile Broadband (available in USA only)

Only time will tell when these options are made available.

Man, that stinks.  That's the reason I was so hot to get one.  No LTE, no me.

DELL-Don D
Bronze

Hello JORDANMILLS and Steve_NYC,

Thank you for your interest in the Venue 8 Pro.  It will be available in a Mobile Broadband version in the near future.  As for an exact date, I do not have one.  I can only recommend checking back to the website often for updates in availability.

Dell Windows Tablets: http://dell.to/1hh4yNw

I wish I had more details!

-Don D

0 Kudos
DELL-Don D
Bronze

Guess I'll be returning mine as I was clearly told in chat that it would have a sim slot and LTE radio. You guys have to educate your employees better.

Hello ScarDad,

I am terribly sorry to hear you received mis-information that resulted in an incorrect order. We have since educated our online team to understand the Mobile Broadband option will be released at a later date. Coming soon! Please check your invoice date as there is a limited return time and check our site often for the broadband availability.

http://dell.to/1hh4yNw

-Don D

0 Kudos

Im sorry to tell you that there is no mobile broadband option on the Dell Venue 8 Pro. The Dell Venue 11 Pro does have a mobile broadband option. 

The Venue 11 Pro is available for purchase now but doesn't have the mobile broadband option either. And when Dell does offer it as an option it appears that one would have to choose AT&T as a service provider which is a deal killer as well. I gotta have T-Mobile.

0 Kudos
JordanMills
Silver

[quote user="bamboozledguy"]

The Venue 11 Pro is available for purchase now but doesn't have the mobile broadband option either. And when Dell does offer it as an option it appears that one would have to choose AT&T as a service provider which is a deal killer as well. I gotta have T-Mobile.

[/quote]It looks like it's available now.  But it's ATT only.  It should be trivial to unlock the card.  If it's not on contract with ATT, they're required to provide the pin to you at no cost (but you'll usually have to complain to the FCC to get a boot up their butt.

So if I type "butt" without masking, it converts it to "***" making it look like I said something else. The first time, I didn't notice this and I got hate mail from the forum admins telling me not to use character substitutions. I didn't.

0 Kudos
lojohnny
Copper

Where do you see that it's available? Not anywhere from what I can see.

0 Kudos