Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 27th, 2011 10:00

Dell Venue Pro crash/freeze/black screen

I need some direction here as this has become crippling.

I've had this phone since it was first released, the stability was pretty awful, but it was manageable and I chalked it up to needing the WP7 update. After updating over wifi none of my issues have been fixed.

Here's a detail of what is hapenning:

While browsing the internet (doesn't matter what website, happens on nearly all of them) or oepning some applications (not just one app, more like most of them, including the xbox live app, the marketplace) the screen will freeze and become unresponsive to touch, unreponsive to the Windows button or back button or search button. If i push te power button nothing will happen, it will continue to display the frozen screen. I have left it in this state for hours at a time and nothing will happen, it requires me to hold the power button down and completely shut off the phone and restart it.

On other occasions during any normal use the screen will just turn black for apparently no reason. when I click the power button nothing happens, I can see the backlight on the windows/back/search button and bleeding through the edges, so the power is still on. Again it requires me to power down the phone and restart it.

If this were a once or twice per day issue I would be inclined to suck it up, however this will happen every 5-10 minutes of use, and as often as I use my mobile the amount of times per day I am restarting the phone is more along the lines of 20-25 times daily.

I have tried completely wiping the phone and starting fresh, to no avail. I have a ticket into tech support to see what my next course of action is, but after the original order shipping snafu, and the awful experience i've had with this phone, i'm inclined to just ebay it and get a g2x

13 Posts

April 27th, 2011 15:00

Do you keep your wifi on? My dvp does most of what you described when my wifi is on. When i shut the wifi off in settings it doesn't freez or glitch as much. It will actually stay on for a day :Amazed:

2 Posts

April 28th, 2011 10:00

Update: E-mailed tech support, Chatted live with tech support, both were untrained to handle dell venue pro devices, and told me that tech support for the devise was not available online. (Great customer service dell, releasing a product that you don't fully support)

They gave me a telephone number, with the hours of 9-5 CST, conveniently only open during any normal human being's work hours.

Is there a way I can get a response on what to do? Turning off wi-fi didn't help. still aimlessly freezing and rebooting my phone 20 times a day

2 Posts

April 29th, 2011 19:00

I think (800) 308-3355 is the number you're looking for. Dell Mobility Support has taken my calls at all sorts of strange hours (12-4AM EST). Pretty sure they're open 24/7.

I feel your pain as far as the DVP crashing goes. I was ok with T-Mobile EDGE service in my area because I am around WiFi almost all day. Now I've got $500 EDGE device that freezes the instant WiFi connects.

1 Message

May 2nd, 2011 03:00

I have bought Dell Venue pro in Bangalore through a Friend working in Dell. I have waited for the windows phone 7 for long time. Since HTC has announced it first and released it next to Dell and Dell Venue Pro looks pretty better i had purchased it through a friend because of Dell's reliable products so far. But the moment i got the package in my hand and after opening it first thing i felt was with a 35000/- price tag dell could have produced very good accessories in cluding Dell multimedia bluetooth headset. Any ways i have bought it and so there is no point in looking for more, and here comes the pain when one of my collegue tried it and opened internet explorer on the same day i got it and thats it its hanged. Every one started laughing and said the same old problem with windows operating systems. You feel like photos taken by VGA or Low Resolution camera is much better than the photos taken by this phone. So shouldnt think about using this as a camera and always prefer carrying your cam on tours.

Actual problem started after a month of purchase with black screen and irresponsive buttons for any press and have to hard reset the phone by pressing power button(I have done this after waiting for around 3 hours). Sometimes when there was a call and we tried to attend it what we see was disabled buttons for accepting and ignoring calls.

And this was my 3rd month with Dell Venue Pro and the problems i am facing was..

1) Switches off automatically.

2) Heats up too much.

3) Vibrates for so much time even though there is no notification. (Around 4 to 5 mins it vibrates)

4) Frequently switches of with Airtel SIM. And the frequency is less with Vodafone and BSNL, Docomo.

5) It locked the BSNL Sim and started asking PUK Code. Switched it off and on and it started working again. This is a Magic.

6) Found occasionally when the SIM is full with data this phone will not respond.

7) Could not recognise Secure Wi-Fi connections available at home. All i need to do was either switch of modem or phone to find a Wi-Fi Connection.

My advice to people who wants to purchase this phone because of windows phone 7 OS is to wait and watch for next 6 months to 1 year for all new models with the fixes for this problems and to find best features in OS. Indian better wait for some more time and market place is not yet open for india.

Thinking now that i would have waited for HTC phones or should have with my old stance to wait for a period of time to buy a right phone which has several fixes for issues raised after the launch.

1 Message

April 29th, 2012 15:00

hello frnds

i bought dell venue pro from deals and you

and now it got a black screen ow can i solve this problem

please suggest

No Events found!