Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

July 23rd, 2017 16:00

Dell dock for Venue Pro 7130 not connecting to external monitor

Hi,

I was updating my Venue Pro 7130 drivers and I installed the latest dock update (0.41.27 ,A06).

Since then, my dock (v A01) does not connect to any external monitor from the HDMI port nor the DP port.

I tried reinstalling the OS but that did not help. I also tried to install an older driver, but it wont install as it cant detect a monitor.

Please can you help me as I need my external display back.

Thanks,

Jacob

Edit: I have noticed a similar post was posted 6 months ago with no reply. Please can someone from Dell advise!http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/mobile-devices/f/4586/t/20003505

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

July 25th, 2017 00:00

Thank you for your message.

Update the bios from this link http://dell.to/2uUvnDe followed by the dock update here http://dell.to/2uvtRFp

Do not restart the computer. Install the chipset from this link http://dell.to/2uSnJK3  & restart the computer.

Try using the USB ports & check if that works. Make sure that the system is docked while updating these files.

Click on my Dell username & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

11 Posts

July 31st, 2017 06:00

I have installed the latest bios. The dock update link is the one that broke my dock. USB ports and ethernet port all work.

Regarding service tag, they don't exist on this dock.

I spent over an hour with technical support and they can't fix it either. They want me to pay to send it in as it is over 1 year old and out of warranty, but with no money back if it can't be fixed. It's a bit ridiculous as it was Dell's own driver that caused the problem.

A quick google search shows that there are quite a few people whose docks have been broken by updating the software Dell puts out, and Dell can't fix and won't deal with out of warranty.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

July 31st, 2017 20:00

Have you tried using another device or notebook to check if there is output from the Dock?

What is the model of the Dock that you have?

11 Posts

August 1st, 2017 09:00

Hi,

I do not have any other device that is compatible with the dock.

This is the dock (could be an older version of the same).

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

You will notice something familiar in the reviews on that page, 2 out of the 3 reviews have an issue connecting an external display.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

August 2nd, 2017 19:00

Can you try connecting this the dock to another computer?

In this way, we can check if there is an issue with the ports on the dock or if it is an issue with the output on the tablet.

If there is an issue with the dock, there are no replaceable parts & the complete unit needs to be replaced.

11 Posts

August 7th, 2017 08:00

Hi,

Not sure exactly what you mean by "connecting the dock to another computer".

Over the weekend I tried connecting another monitor both though HDMI and DP and it didn't work. I also borrowed another tablet (also 7130) and it did not pick up the external monitors.

It seems to me that the driver in question has broken my dock, and other peoples too. Dell are still showing that driver online.

If there is an issue with the dock, there are no replaceable parts & the complete unit needs to be replaced.

My dock is over 1 year old so Dell wont replace/fix without charging me. I think this is very unfair as this is not a wear and tear issue or accidental damage. This is a problem with the dock and the drivers Dell put out for it. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

August 8th, 2017 22:00

If the device is not working with another tab, this could be an issue with the dock hardware & as you mentioned there is no part replacement that can be done.

If the device fails the entire unit has to be replaced, since the warranty on the dock has expired there is nothing much that can be done apart from replacing the dock. 

How long is the device out of warranty, is this a direct purchase from Dell?

11 Posts

August 9th, 2017 05:00

The dock was purchased from Amazon around two years ago.

Let me reiterate myself. The dock DID NOT fail. It was working perfectly until I installed DELLS DRIVER UPDATE. Only after the update did the external monitors not work. And I am not the only one to have an issue with the Dell driver updates.

Please don't make out that it is the dock that failed, otherwise you/Dell will never look for a fix nor ensure your drivers are good enough. It is the driver that is the issue here.

I found some more forums where they have the same issue

en.community.dell.com/.../19630013

en.community.dell.com/.../19631944

11 Posts

August 15th, 2017 08:00

I take it you have given up on my issue?

12 Posts

August 24th, 2017 05:00

seems like you are left alone. I was about to post here, same issue as yours, after updating the Dock firmware, it willnot work.I see there is no use posting here. Next step is to sell my Venue Pro and never again check back on Dell products. All I want is a notebook that works, without need to lose hours and days trying to fix bad firmware.

11 Posts

August 28th, 2017 13:00

It stinks that you have the same issue. Main reason i got the Venue was the fact i could use it with a dock.

It seems Dell dont want to engage with us on this. As linked above, it seems that it is a common problem with the dock.

11 Posts

November 7th, 2017 14:00

Still no response from dell?

11 Posts

December 7th, 2017 17:00

Bump

11 Posts

January 31st, 2018 08:00

Still no reply. This is why your company has a **bleep** name.

11 Posts

September 17th, 2018 09:00

Over 1 year later and still shiite all from them

No Events found!