Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 1st, 2017 18:00

Dell venue 11 pro 7140 won’t turn on

My tablet will not turn on . I plug it in and the charge light comes on and when I try to turn it on the power light will blink and the tablet will vibrate . It will also vibrate when it hit the windows logo . At one point the amber light would blink 4 times and pause and blink 4 times again. But after a little while on the charger it hasn’t done that . Any ideas ?  Any help is appreciated

October 2nd, 2017 10:00

Also when I hit the power button and volume - button it will do the screen test with flashing colors. When I hit the power button and the volume + button that’s when the orange light blinks 4 Times then pauses and blinks 4 times again. From what I read is The 4 Times blinking mean bad battery ?

9.4K Posts

October 2nd, 2017 11:00

Hi Grimlockprime,

Thanks for posting.

From your description, unfortunately it sounds like your mainboard may be failing.  Please contact Dell Tech Support for additional troubleshooting and possible resolution.

You can contact Tech Support at 1-800-624-9896 or 1-800-288-4410, or you can initiate a chat session http://dell.to/2v4snVm

1 Message

October 16th, 2017 09:00

I have the same problem. ... this product is such a poor quality.... I am so angry.... :-(

November 25th, 2017 11:00

Happened to me... I opened it up....

took lead off battery and little battery for 20 seconds or so

put back and fine

September 16th, 2019 06:00

Can confirm that the battery and RTC battery disconnect for 20 seconds worked for me too on a venue that blinked amber 4 times and had a black screen (which according to another post was a motherboard/RAM failure).

But the power disconnect worked and it is back in working order again, so it's more likely a corruption of the BIOS "ram" which was cleared up by the disconnect.

No Events found!