Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 1st, 2016 01:00

Docking keyboard for Venue 10 pro 5055 not working

Hi,

I recently purchased docking keyboard for my venue 10 pro (5055).

I docked the tablet into the keyboard, but it does not work. All keys and touchpad does not response. (LED on capslock key does not work either.)

I have no idea what the problem is: dock connector on tablet or keyboard itself? Or should I have installed certain drivers for the keyboard?

I have run pre-booting test and everything seems ok, so I guess tablet itself is OK...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

1 Message

June 15th, 2017 11:00

I'm experiencing the same issue. Apparently Dell is aware of it and will replace the keyboard once and then ignore it altogether, according to posts I've read on line.

1 Message

April 25th, 2018 02:00

I solved the same problem at the 5056 which has K13M mini keyboard (96TRV).

The main reason is the USB no recognized problem (Error code #43)

Here is...

The 1st, in the Control panel (or Device manager is the same one any how..) You can see the alert about universal serial (USB). Remove the device. (Don't worry that it removes just registry code, the device driver won't get rid off the real device driver file)

The 2nd, HID (Human Interface Device), u can see the keyboard and touch pad device. ) Remove them.

The 3rd, universal serial (USB), referred 1st, Re-scan, then window try to install HID drivers (K/B, T/P)

Then reboot, u can use the K/B dock (with touch pad)

I am not sure but USB.inf might be confused to match the device for windows so I try to remove the old, confused HID list then assign HID clearly. If there is USB driver update happen, the xx.inf might be ruined again. Then try to do 1,2,3 step again. 

Good luck!

No Events found!