Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

November 17th, 2017 09:00

Latitude 10 ST2E won't start after BIOS update

Hi There,

I have Latitude 10 ST2E which I attempt to up date to the lattes BIOS. The BIOS updated went successfully but after the restart the tablet didn't even boot up. Now when I press the power button the power LED goes on for about a second and then goes off and nothing happens. I tried different combination to hard restart the tabled by holding down the volume buttons and then pressing the power button eventually I remove the main battery as well as the clock (CMOS) batter in hope to unbrick the tabled but no success so far. 

I think I identity the BIOS memory IC (W25Q16BV - 2MB flash memory) and I am able to desolder the chip and flash it with external programmer. The only problem I have is that I don't have the binary of the BIOS itself dell website supplies only the BIOS together with the BIOS flushing program which I can't use.

I would really appreciated if somebody can help me find binary file of the BIOS of this tabled.

Thanks in advance, 

9.4K Posts

November 20th, 2017 05:00

Hi ab_ivanov,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies that you were having difficulties with your tablet.  Unfortunately removing the BIOS chip and re-flashing it manually is beyond the scope and support of Dell and is not recommended.  If you would like to have it repaired by Dell, please contact Out of Warranty Services or a local repair shop.  

No Events found!