Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 9th, 2014 08:00

Problems with 4.3 update on Dell Venue 7

After I recieved the 4.3 update.. my Dell Venue 7 kept misbehaving on some apps.. (touch screen would no longer respond, some apps would run rather sluggish) ... so I decided to do a factory reset/restore and just install the apps i was using.. Now.. I tried to set up MSN push email with the default client (Email). (which is Exchange based for Push Mail/multiple folders) Previously the default Android client automatically set up using this account fine.. Tried also to make a Corporate or Email account from the android settings screen and neither would work... Manually entering the settings didn't work either even though I had them from *another* android tablet...  Any suggestions... 

12 Posts

January 31st, 2014 07:00

I have also seen ths with the 4.3 update on my test systems.  I have also seen a lot of post on other Android forums seeing the same thing on other devices that have been updated.  I have provided feedback to the Android team at Dell to work on a fix. 

As a workaround MSFT has an offical APP in the store that is working with 4.3.  

Erin

3 Posts

February 3rd, 2014 17:00

I have also seen ths with the 4.3 update on my test systems.  I have also seen a lot of post on other Android forums seeing the same thing on other devices that have been updated.  I have provided feedback to the Android team at Dell to work on a fix. 

As a workaround MSFT has an offical APP in the store that is working with 4.3.  

Erin

The app Erin's referring to is called Outlook.com on Google Play ...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.outlook.Z7

Unfortunately, it has its own share of issues, and its not overly intuitive to use as an app.. But Push does work with it... 

(felt it also ate a lot of system resources on the android device, and reduced the battery life, even though it was running in the background... gave up on it and used some POP servers for MSN/Hotmail.. Problem with that, is that POP3 doesn't really support folders, so you only really can see messages in the inbox), and go to the mobile webpage for everything else... (www.hotmail.com/m or www.msn.com/m or www.live.com/m )

9 Posts

January 9th, 2014 09:00

For some reason in the last few days, I'm having problems with my outlook.com and hotmail.com email accounts as well on my Dell Venue.  They only seem to update sometimes and I get a lot of error messages about not reaching the server.

4 Posts

January 11th, 2014 20:00

Both of my corporate email accounts (exchange) stopped working after the update. I deleted both accounts and now can't get them set up again.

1 Message

January 12th, 2014 18:00

I'm having the exact same problem.  

4 Posts

January 12th, 2014 21:00

Does anyone at Dell monitor this or do we need to call them?

1 Message

January 13th, 2014 05:00

Same problem here, I installed an other apps ...

1 Message

January 13th, 2014 08:00

Same problem, updated to 4.3, now getting : 'can't open connection to server' on hotmail, etc

If a solution is found, please post here.

2 Posts

January 13th, 2014 09:00

yeah good luck with any support.  my venue 7 will not load update, i keep getting system error and when i check status update it say "up to date" on 4.2.2, maybe it's an omen that this <ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per TOU> won't work .... anyhow, like i said, good luck getting any support from Dell, won't answer any communications

2 Posts

January 13th, 2014 19:00

Same issue here....getting incredibly frustrating!!

4 Posts

January 13th, 2014 19:00

I got exactly the problem after updating to 4.3, email didn't work. there are 2 issues Dell still don't get them fixed. 1. email on 4.3 2. Touch is not responded sometimes. They are troubling me a lot. Can someone from Dell to answer and let us know how to get them fixed? If not, can you provide the schedule at least? Otherwise, it's not good for Dell to stay in Tablet business.

4 Posts

January 13th, 2014 20:00

To be honest with you, even more cheaper Tablets don't have such kind of problem. I do believe the Server info should be add something while sending connection info out. Can someone from Dell tech figure it out ASAP?

4 Posts

January 13th, 2014 20:00

The important thing is it works well on V4.2.2

1 Message

January 16th, 2014 18:00

Same problem here, this is so frustrating! i spent the whole day trying to figure it out, and it just not working! this is the 3rd tablet that Dell sent to me... because manufacturing issues, and now i have this problem with the server... i am not going to speak so well about this tablet... Terrible...! 

3 Posts

January 19th, 2014 08:00

Can you revert back to the previous version?

No Events found!