Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

May 2nd, 2013 10:00

Restore factory settings on a Latitude 10

Hi, 

Anyone know how to or if it is possible to return a Latitude 10 tablet to its original factory settings?  Is there an option on boot to re-image the device?

Thanks

Paul

1.3K Posts

May 2nd, 2013 10:00

Hi PDP-8,

You need to have a System Recovery Disc or a USB recovery key to perform a factory reset. Otherwise you will have to perform a Windows Refresh/Reset option.

To refresh your PC

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
  2. (If you’re using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
  3. Under PC settings, tap or click General.
  4. Under Refresh your PC without affecting your files, tap or click get started.
  5. Follow the instructions on the screen.

To reset your PC

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
  2. (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
  3. Under PC settings, tap or click General.
  4. Under remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click get started.
  5. Follow the instructions on the screen.

2 Posts

May 8th, 2013 07:00

Try this..

Swipe from the right side of the tablet towards the middle while at the Windows 8 screen - select "Settings" then ""Change PC Settings"

Once at the PC Settings, select "General" and scroll down.  There are two options.  "Refresh your PC without affecting your files" and "Remove everything and reinstall Windows"  The second option will reset everything to the way it was when you got it, including the removal of any apps you have installed or files you have saved.

This takes a long time...make sure the device is plugged in.

2 Posts

May 8th, 2013 08:00

Oops, sorry - I guess I didn't read the whole response from Harish.  All I saw was the "You can't do it without the System Recovery disc" part.  

So, that makes me wonder.  What is the difference between the "factory reset" and the "Windows Refresh/Restart"?  When I performed the Windows refresh that seemed to put my device completely back to what is was when I got it., which seems like a factory reset to me.

No Events found!