Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 13th, 2017 05:00

Tablet docking Latitude 11 (5175)

Hi

I bought refurbished latitude 5175. I have the docking station of venue pro 11 which (K10A001). I found that latitude 5175 is compatible with venue pro 11 docking station, but when I put latitude 5175 on the docking station (K10A001), there is problem with the external display. It cannot detect display port while I use it as a connector from the dock to the display (however, USB connection and audio connection from the dock seems fine). When I put HDMI as connector  from the dock to the external display, it seem the 5175 reject it, because the external display cannot detect while the 5175 screen become blink. When I put venue pro 11 in the same dock, it is working well. I already update Bios. Additionally, tried to update the dock driver but it failed.  Please advice.

• 

16.7K Posts

August 14th, 2017 08:00

K10A001,

Try unplugging the usb connection and only plug in the HDMI. Also, try changing the display settings on the 5175 to a different setting.

November 28th, 2017 12:00

I have the same issue, a venue pro 11 always works in the dock with an external display but the latitude 5175 doesn't, one of three things happens when you dock the 5175. 1. The built-in display flashes on and off at about a 2-3 second interval while the connect / disconnect sound cycles or 2. The built in display goes blank (backlight still on) and there are no connect / disconnect sounds or 3. On two occasions (out of maybe 50) it has worked, the external display works just like on the venue pro 11.

DELL - Jesse L

Saying "try changing the display settings" is completely unhelpful, you're the expert so tell us which setting(s) to change and to what. Also bear in mind that multiple display options are not available when the tablet is not docked and you can't see them when it is docked because the screens are either off or otherwise unusable.

Removing devices from the USB ports on the dock has no effect.

A useful answer would be appreciated.

2 Posts

January 21st, 2018 13:00

I have an exact same issue, and Dell can't give me a straight answer.. Maybe now they work for nasa... 

1 Message

January 12th, 2020 10:00

Have anyone found solution to this? I have both tablets for a while and experience same issue. I do now also have an option to purchase 2nd hand Latitude st2 dock that looks exactly the same and wonder if with that one my latitude 5175 would work 100%?

Cheers

Marcin

No Events found!