Highlighted
Vignan Tej
Copper

Update for Venue to Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

Jump to solution

Would like to know the tentative dates for the update for Dell Venue to Android 2.3. Or even if whether it's in the pipeline for the update.

Any heads up will be appreciated.

User's who want an update for their Venue to to Android 2.3 vote below:

[poll]

0 Kudos
127 Replies
gcat318
Copper

Re: Update for Venue to Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

Jump to solution

please update as soon as possible!

0 Kudos
ash_aka
Copper

Jump to solution

Well, if Dell needs to be taken as a serious contender in the mobile devices category, they would have to provide timely updates to their line of products, The Venue is the first android offering from Dell, a lot will depend on how they support this device. When they come out with a new phone, that phone will be judged on how the previous version was supported. Samsung took a lot of flak for dragging their feet on the Froyo update for the Galaxy S phones, they subsequently suffered negative feedback on the Galaxy S 4G phone. Hope Dell does the right thing and is in the process of updating the Mobile devices to Gingerbread.

0 Kudos
ebaul
Bronze

Jump to solution

I think the Dell Streak is the first android offering from Dell.

0 Kudos
jnsr
Copper

Jump to solution

Yes.  I am happy with my Venue.  But It will be much better with Gingerbread.

0 Kudos
cvkemp
Copper

Jump to solution

I love my Venue but I too would like to see it updated to the .23 or even higher.

0 Kudos
cvkemp
Copper

Jump to solution

I two love my Venue and I would love to see it updated to 2.3 or higher.

0 Kudos
Greenwii
Copper

Jump to solution

Please update Dell Venue to 2.3 or higher! Then it will be a much better android experience.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi, I will really appreciate an update to 2.3 for Dell Venue.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MavenGroup
Bronze

Jump to solution

Anxiously waiting DELL Venue update (and Streak 7)!  

The Streak 5 was the first Android product for DELL.  As a former Streak 5 owner and now with 2 Venue Phones (wife and I) and three Streak 7's (me, wife, daughter) I can say that without an update these will be the last DELL products that we purchase (even though we have been happy with them to date).  

It seems like every other manufacturer is announcing or currently updating the stable of Android devices and DELL has done nothing.  I cannot even find any rumors about DELL updates on forums or other posts.

There are just to many good choices to be waiting around for a company to provide updates and customer service.  It is a shame as I think that DELL has some best in class products that are tumbling into obsolescence.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

John

0 Kudos