Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 20th, 2014 01:00

Venue 11 Pro stylus updates?

Recently I've started (trying) to use OneNote to takes notes, but I'm not having the best of luck with the stylus.  At first I thought maybe it was just due to the battery being dead, which I thought was weird since I hardly used it, but upon replacing the battery I still have poor consistency in the tablet registering the pen movements.  At times it registers input when not even touching the screen and at other times the pen will cut out without the pen lifting from the screen.  

I was hoping that someone from Dell could provide some insight as to if the problem is with the pen itself or the Synaptics digitizer and also if a fix is in the works or maybe even already available?  I should also note that I have installed the latest firmware.  

214 Posts

January 20th, 2014 10:00

Many Venue tablet owners have experienced problems with the original Dell Active Stylus; as a result the original version of this pen is no-longer available thru Dell. A redesigned version is expected to start shipping "as soon as" the end of February. Venue owners who are having difficulties using a Dell Active Stylus should register their concerns with Dell Mobility Support(800) 308-3355 — Ask for an email confirmation that a Service Request has been created on your behalf, so that you will be placed in priority sequence for a replacement pen when the revised product becomes available.

Meanwhile, Dell-branded Active Stylus pens still available thru other sources are sure to be the problematic version, and the Synaptics digitizer technology employed by Dell is not compatible with most other brands of digitizer pens. However, passive "capacitive tip"  pens will work with the Dell Venue screen touch functions — scroll, click, drag, etc. — minus support for handrwriting or drawing on screen.

(I hope the revised pen will have an easily-distinguished appearance...)  

50 Posts

January 20th, 2014 11:00

Awesome.  Thanks for the info Lou. 

1 Message

November 11th, 2017 14:00

I hope someone from Dell sees this.  I placed an order for 2 of the Dell Active Stylus pens.  Once I got them I tried them and gave up.  I should have shipped them back right away.  I am VERY UPSET that now years later when I am trying to find an Active Stylus that works with my Venue 5130 I see this post.  On 4/28/2014, THREE MONTHS AFTER THIS THREAD I unsuspectingly purchased 2 of these pens DIRECTLY FROM THE DELL WEBSITE.  The pens I got are 750-AADH, not the "replacement ones"  How did that happen?  Why was I shipped over $100 worth of a product that you knew didn't work.  I wish I had sent them back years ago.  The problem was I never really used my tablet as a "tablet" until this year and I have now gone through *** trying to find an active stylus that writes half way neatly.  This morning I even tried putting tape on the tip of the stylus to see if that could make it work better.  Once I chatted with a dell support person they found a newer stylus they say will work.  BUT I HAD TO PAY ANOTHER $40 since my purchase was so long ago.  I ate the money, because I figured it was my fault for not sending them back right away when they didn't work.  But I hadn't read this thread at that time and I didn't know that you knew at the time you shipped them to me that they were defective and you had already made a replacement for them.  That is inexcusable.  At a minimum you should refund the extra $40 I had to pay today for a refurbished RTMND.

No Events found!