Highlighted
med01e
Copper

Venue pro 11 dock Displayport to DVI

I want two monitors and have a HDMI monitor connected and working. I tried to connect the second monitor through a Displayport to DVI cable and get no signal. The system seems to recognize that a generic monitor is connected. Should this work? Is there something that needs to be configured?

0 Kudos
50 Replies
SpedInFargo
Bronze

RE: Venue pro 11 dock Displayport to DVI

See the other thread about the dock.  I cannot get the Displayport to output anything and I cannot get the HDMI port to correctly output to a DVI monitor with an adapter.


Seems to be some problems with the video outputs on the dock...

0 Kudos
Moderator
Moderator

RE: Venue pro 11 dock Displayport to DVI

You can only run dual monitors via the desktop dock if you have the 7130 (not the 5130).   I've tested it and got them working at FHD.    There are some posts on the forums about weird issues though that we're still looking into.   Which system do you have?  

0 Kudos
jbailey898
Copper

RE: Venue pro 11 dock Displayport to DVI

I have a Venue Pro (7130) and am trying to get dual monitors working through the dock using a DisplayPort to DVI adapter.  I can't get any output via the DisplayPort while using the adapter.  Should this work?

0 Kudos
Moderator
Moderator

RE: Venue pro 11 dock Displayport to DVI

I have a Venue Pro (7130) and am trying to get dual monitors working through the dock using a DisplayPort to DVI adapter.  I can't get any output via the DisplayPort while using the adapter.  Should this work?

 
I'm checking with engineering on whether a standard DP to DVI-D adapter should work or not.   So far, I've only been able to get a USB powered Bizlink DP to dual-link DVI adapter to work.   None of my standard DP to DVI-D adapters work thus far.
 
DP to DP should work fine, even for 2 daisy chained DP 1.2 monitors.   (This is on the 7130 only by the way).
 
 

0 Kudos
hackasaurus
Copper

RE: Venue pro 11 dock Displayport to DVI

Hi Brian... we have not had this level of success, I'm afraid. We haven't tried DP monitors though. 

Even HDMI to VGA output from the dock is inconsistent depending on the version of video driver we try. 

Can you confirm the version of the Intel HD4400 driver you are using to get these results?

Also, has there been any hardware revisions of the dock K10A other than 001?

Thanks

0 Kudos
JJDynomite
Bronze

RE: Venue pro 11 dock Displayport to DVI

I have the Venue 11 Pro 7139 and I have had luck with a HDMI Dell monitor with no issue. Using the Display Port or HDMI with a DVI Adapter I'm having no luck at all. My 2 cents
0 Kudos
Tiger1050
Copper

RE: Venue pro 11 dock Displayport to DVI

I have 30  7130 models with Docking Stations.  We are using ACCEL active Display Port to DVI adapters and USB Pluggable cables.  I am finding 95 % are working just fine.  The other 5 % are having issues.  On one particular 7130 with Docking Station when you power it on only one 1909 display and the Tablet monitor will have a display.  I changed the cables between  the two 1909 flat panels and the display that was hooked on the pluggable USB connection always worked and the Display port would not.   I tried another Accel active Display port to DVI cable, switched Docks, tried a non-active BizLink cable and no luck.  However when the setup was switched to the original dock with the original Accel cable and the power to the dock was removed and restored it worked.  It has Bios 10, Windows 8.1 Enterprise. all updates.

Question why is it working when you remove and restore power?

 

0 Kudos
Asyeager
Copper

RE: Venue pro 11 dock Displayport to DVI

I have two Samsung S23C350 monitors which have a VGA and an HDMI port. I am able to get one working with the HDMI to HDMI from the Dell Dock. I have a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter to the second (3rd) monitor which will not work it recognizes the 3rd monitor but will not send an outpout. It keeps giving me this error: "The display settings could not be saved. Please try a different combination of display settings."


I do not have a DP port on either monitor. the only other method I have not tried is DP to DVI/VGA?


I believe I have a Venue 11 Pro 7130 (how do i verify?)

0 Kudos

RE: Venue pro 11 dock Displayport to DVI

I do am having this problem with my 7130.  The HDMI seems to work fine and consistently, but any DP to DVI adapter I use failed to do anything.  I haven't tried with a DP monitor as I don't have any.  If Dell would like to send me one, I would love to test it and see if it will work. :-)

0 Kudos