Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 2nd, 2015 12:00

Wireless issues after upgrading Venue 5130 to Windows 10

Upgraded my Dell Venue 11 Pro 5130 to Windows 10 without a hitch, but once it booted up it's not detecting the wireless adapter.  It shows as fine in Device Manager, but nothing in Network and Sharing Center.  Installed the latest BIOS and chipset drivers, even reinstalled the network driver but it was for Windows 8.1.  The support page says this device is supported for Windows 10, so am I missing a driver?

16 Posts

August 4th, 2015 11:00

Still having issues, tried the driver below.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=MGMVN&fileId=3475731843&osCode=WT32A&productCode=dell-venue-11-pro&languageCode=EN&categoryId=NI

Any ideas?  I really don't want to revert to my backup of Windows 8.1.

August 4th, 2015 14:00

I haven't been able to tell what that "new" driver actually does.  It makes some changes to the Bluetooth stack, but it definitely does not update anything related to the WiFi.

But, I've had no trouble at all with WiFi on my DV11P-5130 on Windows 10.  This is one of the few things that has always worked well, even through all of the beta versions.  I would suggest uninstalling and deleting the WiFi driver from Device Manager until it's gone completely.  Then reinstall the package above. 

16 Posts

August 6th, 2015 08:00

I tried that, but I'm still having no luck, and now the adapter doesn't even show in Device Manager.

16 Posts

August 6th, 2015 08:00

I'd entertain reinstalling Windows 10, but since I don't have an internet connection I can't create the installation media, and I don't have another x86 machine handy.

16 Posts

August 6th, 2015 09:00

How do you activate Windows 10 if you clean install, but it never self activated?

16 Posts

August 17th, 2015 09:00

Just wanted to bump this for any  other suggestions.  Restored to my backup and updated a couple drivers, confirmed my WiFi and USB to Ethernet adapter were working, then ran the upgrade to Windows 10 once more.  Again after it finishes it will not detect the WiFi or USB to Ethernet adapters.  It sees the WiFi in Device Manager, just not Network and Sharing Center.  Uninstalled from Device Manager including driver, then reinstalled the driver package and it still doesn't work, and now doesn't even show in Device Manager.

I would really appreciate any suggestions.  I'm all for clean installing Windows 8.1 but I don't know how to activate after it's done.

103 Posts

August 18th, 2015 01:00

I don't know the actual answer to your problem - on my 5130, the wireless seems OK after the upgrade, although it's causing massive power drain in connected standby - however I can answer your activation question. Once you've done the upgrade, information about your machine & its activation state is stored on microsoft's servers. If you then do a clean install, it checks that database, sees that you're activated, and activates your fresh install.

22 Posts

August 18th, 2015 17:00

I installed also windows 10 in my Dell laptop and works fine

Make sure you install all of the windows updates

But anyway personally I will reinstall windows 10 it crashed for multiple times

1 Message

September 23rd, 2015 18:00

No answer here, but I'm having the same problem. Tried uninstalling drivers and also a system restore but the network adapter doesn't seem to want to work despite seeing it in device manager.

1 Message

August 16th, 2017 07:00

there are two unknown devices in the device manager when you boot up win10.  the one with ?SDO? something or other is the WIFI adapter.  update it's driver with the driver from the dell site.  Manually install the driver after you extract the file to your computer.  the second unknown device is the Bluetooth adapter manually update the driver for it too.  selecting the correct device from list and you will have your Bluetooth.  windows recognized the devices incorrectly and they want install properly.  i tried running the WiFi/ Bluetooth driver install and it failed on my venue 11 pro 5130.  but ones i manually installed the network adapter and the Bluetooth from list for each everything started working.  I just used the bios to disable the wireless devices one at a time to figure out which devices were which.

1 Message

October 24th, 2019 06:00

you are my hero

1 Message

April 18th, 2020 08:00

Thanks a lot for that link!

1 Message

October 30th, 2020 23:00

It seams some or many got the same problem with me years ago.
I've got the same problem now.

On the linked page, it says,...

Update Package for MS Windows 32-Bit
File Name: 5130_Network_Driver_MGMVN_WN32_3.7.2.59_A00.EXE
File Size: 28.05 MB
Format Description:
Dell Update Packages (DUP) in Microsoft Windows 32bit format have been designed to run on Microsoft Windows 64bit Operating Systems. Dell Update Packages (DUP) in Microsoft Windows 64bit format will only run on Microsoft Windows 64bit Operating Systems. When selecting a device driver update be sure to select the one that is appropriate for your operating system.

But it doesn't work.
The error shows something like, "...this driver is not suitable for this system..."
Is there any answer from Dell Support?
Is there any body solved this problem?
If yes, help me please.

1 Message

March 9th, 2023 03:00

I solved this on my Windows 10 64 Bit installation by using the previous version (to the latest) of the driver at Dell Wireless 1538 WiFi/BT Driver | Driver Details | Dell UK.  This is the A04 version which should work for both X86 and X64 installations.  I tried the A06 version but got the same message as you got.  Dell need to fix the A06 package which is showing on their downloads page.

No Events found!