Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 23rd, 2013 05:00

Xps 10 Keyboard stopped working

The keyboard on the Xps 10 dock stopped working. The dock itself is detected, I can use the usb port and the on screen keyboard does not show when it's docked, but the keyboard doesn't type. I tried restarting and Re-docking.

Chanan.

1 Message

October 30th, 2013 10:00

I've had the same problem.

With some fiddling and trial and error I found that plugging the keyboard into the power and then docking the tablet to the keyboard fixed the problem.

I also noticed that when docked if you look at the power status it lists two batteries and so I am assuming that one battery is in the keyboard.

In my case the keyboard/second battery was completely discharged and so I'm assuming that this was the source of the problem.

Of course this shouldn't be this way as it isn't good/usable functional behaviour ... but this is what observation of the failure mode seems to be showing.

Try it yourself and see ...

2 Posts

May 22nd, 2013 04:00

I just got mine to working again accidently.  I had the tablet in desktop mode then connected it to the keyboard.  It now works.  Odd.  I know on a Surface when the unit is on that you have to fold the keyboard back before disconnecting it if you want the keyboard emulator to work.  I suppose this is just another quirk of the OS.

2 Posts

May 22nd, 2013 04:00

I am having a similar issue only it does not recognize the USB ports either.  I passes the charging current but does not seem to see the battery in the keyboard either.

1 Message

January 18th, 2014 11:00

I have a similar problem with xps 10....how did you get it work

As I boot the system, keyboard works for typing the login credentials and them stops working. The dock is detected, I can use the USB port, but the keyboard doesn't type..

2 Posts

January 18th, 2014 13:00

I called support, they had me ship it to them and they fixed it.

1 Message

June 14th, 2015 00:00

check for filter keys settings..you may have accidentally turned it on...

I was facing exactly same problem..turning off the filter key setting worked for me..

you will find it at change PC settings> ease of access> keyboard

1 Message

November 12th, 2015 16:00

I went into change pc settings and I turn off  the filter key settings and now its working again.

Thanks

1 Message

November 15th, 2017 07:00

I am having an issue with my XPS 10 the keyboard function works but the mouse doesn't and I cannot install the dell dock app from the store.

I use this item for work related things and really need the mouse to be working.

If anyone has any answers that would be amazing as im scratching my head trying to think of the cause.

No Events found!