Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 2nd, 2011 02:00

process com.dell.launcher has stopped how to fix

I keep getting this thing popping up on my screen!!

2 Posts

May 13th, 2011 09:00

Me too with the following error message:

!Sorry!

The process com.dell.launcher has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Force close

System Exception.

QUIT     Copy log to SDCard     Report by LOTA

The loop repeat indefinitely. The only thing that could be done is power off the phone. However, power on again and it stuck at this infinite loop. Suprise to see such simple error in commercial device. So far need to do factory reset to regain control of the phone. Hopefully, there will be a fix soon.

June 3rd, 2011 10:00

Same here!!!

Have no clue how to fix it....

2 Posts

June 8th, 2011 10:00

Got the same error. Fixed by quickly (before the next "unexpected" dell app stop) move "Home" widget to the trash. Done two times - after the first time it didn't help.

16 Posts

June 12th, 2011 09:00

I've been having the same problem with my Dell Streak 7(only purchased a little over a week ago). It popped up that message two different times, leaving me in the frustrating "force quit" loop. I actually called Dell the first time it happened and they're only advice was to wipe my tablet clean and start over.... however, while I was on the phone with this tech support person, the problem just went away so I told her I wasn't going to erase my drive.
So the next time it happened, I just put it down, waited a few minutes, and again it fixed itself.

I searched all over the web and nobody seems to have answers. Luckily this problem fixes itself rather quickly but still, I know we would rather have a better working device.

2 Posts

June 25th, 2011 08:00

Just tap the screen and hold for a second then move to appeared trashcan. Like any other widget or shortcut. The main idea that you have 4-5 seconds between error messages. Move fast and get a result.

Then add 'home' widget back and it should work fine. I got a result after two tries.

1 Message

June 25th, 2011 08:00

How do you move the "home" widget to the trash?

5 Posts

January 31st, 2012 19:00

I tried it but there is no time to do. When I try to hold the screen the message appears again.

What I do ?

172 Posts

February 1st, 2012 16:00

Have you tried doing a soft reset by pressing the pin reset button?

February 25th, 2012 00:00

Folks, there's a workaround to this error.

Quickly lauch a Browser before you get this error and believe that is feasible.

Search for Android Market from Google and lauch it. Then download GO Launcher EX app & install.

This will replace Dell Stage Home Screen & you can start using your mobile / tablet as usual.

No need of reset / backups, etc. This is in a way permanent solution as you never need to face that error again!

7 Posts

July 15th, 2012 15:00

Yes, this really works.  Suddenly, after 18 months operation with no trouble, my Streak spontaneously started raising this com.dell.launcher message continuously so that it became inoperable even after a restart.  The problem even came back soon after a factory reset.  The solution was to do another factory reset, and then to install the GO launcher EX app and to use this instead of the Dell Launcher.  So far, no problem and my Streak is up and running perfectly!  

1 Message

July 20th, 2012 08:00

This work around worked for me,

My dauaght give me the Dell for farthers day, she had no promblem,

but I had this all message very often, the only thing I had done different was alter the Dell screen saver.

Thanks  Jammyramesh

July 20th, 2012 10:00

Pleasure goodlooking1. Enjoy the tablet and sure it's one of a piece.

Try upgrading the firmware to Android Gingerbread available for this tablet.

Sleek, fast & beautiful interface too. Am running this on Gingerbread now.

2 Posts

July 21st, 2012 10:00

Thanks a lot. Worked for me.

1 Message

July 24th, 2012 20:00

Thanks. This is great. It also helped me to get out of the crummy looking screens.

1 Message

July 29th, 2012 07:00

Hi Jammy, thankyou for your tips is works now ! By the way do you know how to update Dell streak 5 with latest Android version / Gingerbread Upgrade.

Thanks for your sharing:emotion-5:

No Events found!