Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

2 Posts

May 17th, 2018 18:00

1908FP, PS3, problem

Hey guys,

I hope you're doing fine. The problem is this, I have a 11 year old 1908FP monitor. Exactly one week ago I bought an HDMI to DVI-D cable to plug my PS3 to the monitor and it worked just fine. I had a little problem at the beginning but then it worked. The problem is this, yesterday I tried to plug the monitor to the PS3 again (cause I constantly switch it between my computer and the PS3) and it didn't work at all, I just got a black screen with the ''Power saving mode'' or nothing at all, like if nothing was plugged. I kept trying and then I just got the ''Resolution not available'' or something like that. I've had that message before when I put it on 1080, but this time was different because the message just appeared like half a second then just a black screen. Today I tried again and I just get a ''Power saving mode'' which I think is good because the first time it was like that. But now it is not working and I don't know what to do. Any suggestions will be appreciated. 

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 18th, 2018 06:00

The 11 year old 1908FP will only "show" what is sent to to it. The PS3 video Menu Video Output is dictating the signal sent to the 1908FP. The maximum resolution on the 1908FP is 1280x1024 60Hz. So you should connect the PS3 to a regular TV, get into its Menu Video Output, set the video output to 1280x1024 60Hz, then reconnect to the 1908FP.

May 18th, 2018 16:00

Thank you, i will try this as soon as i get  a regular TV (i don't have one at the moment) 

i just have one doubt. Why did it work the first time i plugged it but now it doesn't? I was just fine the first time and now is super weird. I can plug it to my cable box without a problem and i don't know, i'm a bit confuse

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 19th, 2018 08:00

Unknown. You might ask the PS3 users on their Forum for more PS3 troubleshooting steps.

No Events found!