Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

May 18th, 2009 13:00

20" LCD Monitor (E207WFP) No power

I found this in the troubleshooting guides. and have done all the following..

COMMON SYMPTOMS

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS

No Video/Power LED off No picture, monitor is dead Check connection integrity at the both ends of the video cable, verify that the monitor and computer are plugged into a working electrical outlet, and that you have pressed the power button.

Does anyone know of any other things I can try?  And the monitor is only 1.5 years old.

Plus when I still had this hooked up to the computer, I had turned the computer on but the monitor would not come on. I tried pushing the monitor power button in for an extended period of time hoping the monitor might restart, but holding this button in for a long time resulted in turning the computer off. I though this was a little strange.

Thanks, Marc....

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 18th, 2009 14:00

Marc60,

* Unplug the monitor power cable from the rear of the monitor
* Unplug the monitor from the computer (ALL cables)
* Plug the monitor power cord directly into the wall socket and then into the rear of the monitor
* Turn on the monitor
* The floating red/green/blue/white dialog box should appear on screen against a black background
* If the STFC (Self Test Feature Check) fails, contact Dell Technical Support and provide to them the following information -
Name:
Email Address:
Shipping address:
Phone number:
Monitor Order number or PC Service Tag number if purchased with a PC to verify if the warranty is still valid:
Monitor 20 digit PPID number found on the back on a label or on the slider card on the left rear:
Reason: Fails STFC. List specific failure

1 Message

June 27th, 2009 15:00

I have the same problem with my monitor two days ago. I bought a dell computer and monitor around the same time, 02/05/2008. I called Dell support, instead of trying to help me solve my problem they were telling me of the good deals they have on new monitors. I still have my old monitor which is not LCD, I just hooked that up and continued working. I am thinking of buying a new monitor from Gateway. I have a Gateway monitor I have been using since 2000, and it is still going strong. If you find a way of repairing it let me know.

19 Posts

June 30th, 2009 10:00

Hey, that is an interesting suggestion when all else fails Marc. I have this NEC cheap monitor, I bought from OfficeMax. Had the thing exactly 32 days(2 days past return policy) and it did exactly the same thing- went black, no power light, nothing. Plugging it directly into an outlet was my very next step and still nothing. Brand new monitor, just sitting over here in its box.

Since I have replaced it with an HP monitor, all is well, but maybe, I could try some things like that with my power button. It's worth a shot, since the monitor is useless to me, at this point.

@suntaah

Sadly, that is the way they operate, as well as, most other PC makers. They will fight you tooth and nail and insult your intelligence, simply because the statistics tell them, it is most likely the end-users fault. Actually, 8 times out of 10, it is the end-users actions that cause tech problems. They will always try and sell you another piece of . It's what their supervisor teaches them. Certainly, I know this is true- I used to be in various forms of sales and it's always the same tactics.

I can tell you, after dealing with HP, Dell, IBM, Gateway, NEC, plus more, They all have terrible service. Out of all of them though, one company shines above the rest, when it comes to reliability...that would be Dell my friend. At least, you won't be calling tech support nearly as often, as you would be with the other jack giants.

2 Posts

June 30th, 2009 10:00

I was able to get this fixed in a around about way. I took it to a local computer repair store, and they were able to drill a small hole beside the button. using a pen I am able to push the on internal button directly myself instead of pushing the bigger button on the monitor. Basically the switch/button behind the acutally button you push on the screen shifted to the side (or something like that). So when you pushed the button on the monitor, it wasn't making contact with the internal button/switch. It isn't a prefect solution, but for a little bit of nothing I still have a monitor that works without having to go buy another one. Hope this helps.

1 Message

December 30th, 2009 10:00

the monitor failed.  It is no good or maybe can be repaired?  On trying to turn it on, you can see a faint flicker, then nothing.

No Events found!