Sterndogg
1 Nickel

2001FP must use 1600x1200 for resolution??

Well after reading many reviews of the 1901FP I'm seriously considering the 2001FP as part of a package as I'm def a fan of the 16ms response time. Question is though, would I have to use the 1600x1200 for the resolution? Wouldn't this make the text especially in Word, Excel, internet browsing, etc. extremely small? I'm using 1024x768 with my Dell 17" Trinitron. Also anyone have experience with this new LCD? Thanks again!

-Adam

0 Kudos
3 Replies
tomintx
3 Zinc

Re: 2001FP must use 1600x1200 for resolution??

Although the resolution is higher, the screen is larger, so although you may notice the text is a little smaller, it is not as small as it would be on th e 19" screen, and appears only slightly smaller then 1280x1024 does on the 19"  For clear and crisp text, yes, you have to operate the LCD at its native or optimal resolution. For imaging and other graphics, no, you can operate at any resolution practically. What you may want to do is go to any large computer outlet or store, and run one of the 20 inchers there in 1600x1200 and pull up something like Outlook help, which has a lot of text, and see how comfortable you are, and even try to see if you can find one beside a 19" LCD to compare (Fry's sales associates hate me!). Remember though also, that  for most  Office apps, and many web sites, you can use the zoom feature to increase the size of the text, and it still holds it clarity pretty well, much better then if you try to run in a lower resolution. Forget the 1024x768 when you go to these larger LCD's. Remember you have some protection from Dell if you go with the 2001FP, and if you aren't happy you can always return it, and go with the 1901FP (2 in fact for the what you will pay for the 2001FP!).  My bet is you will never part with it.

Regards,

Dell Latitude 6430u, w/USB 3.0 dock, Venue 8 Pro Tablet

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Sterndogg
1 Nickel

Thanks Tom! I really appreciate your reply. Very close to going with the 2001FP especially after reading the article by Anandtech.

-Adam

0 Kudos
Wrenda
2 Iron

Sterndog-

I have the Dell 2000FP and it is a superb monitor.  I agree completely with tomintx's reply that you will probably not have any problems with the higher resolution using 1600x1200 since the screen area is really larger.  I love mine and my eyes are pretty old!

Go for it.  I truly don't think after seeing it you will want to send it back.

0 Kudos