Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 8th, 2018 03:00

2005FPW, where are the downloads and support links?

We still have several Dell 2005FPW 20" widescreen monitors that despite their age (most are from 2005) are still going strong. Since I couldn't find my copy of the monitor inf file ("monitor driver") I thought easy enough, just download it from the Dell website. So I went to the Dell support site which lists all monitors, and lo and behold, the 2005FPW was not listed. I checked Dell USA, Dell UK and Dell Germany, all markets the 2005FPW was sold in. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. A search on the Dell website didn't turn out anything, too. And Google only gives me the 32-bit Windows 2000/XP era inf file that's useless with modern Windows variants. As a Dell customer, can someone from Dell please explain why the support links for the 2005FPW have been removed, especially when many older monitors are still listed? Removing support links for a product that is still in use doesn't exactly strike me as good customer service, more the opposite. OK Dell, what's going on?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 8th, 2018 06:00

I cannot explain why the 2005FPW is not on the monitors driver site. I am sure there are other older monitors not listed. This is how I found the driver...
* Go here
* Enter 2005FPW driver [press Enter]
* The first link = Dell 2005FPW, A00 | Dell US
* I clicked it and it went here which is the 2005FPW R86087.EXE driver for Windows 2000/XP

* I then went back to here
* Entered 2005FPW manual [press Enter]
* I clicked on the 4th link, "Dell 2005FPW - UltraSharp - 20.1" LCD Monitor Manuals"

No Events found!