Highlighted
1 Copper

2007FP - blurry

Got mine yesterday. Using it in a dual monitor setup with a 1704. the 2007 looks very blurry by comparison. After doing some googling, it seems that in order to solve the color banding issues, Dell went to a different panel. So they solved one problem and created another.

It's the same using DVI or VGA. I read someone else describe that it looks like clear type is on twice. That's a pretty good description. my thought when I first turned it on is that it needs to run "auto-adjust" like the other Dell monitors I've used. But there is no auto adjust for the DVI input. Switching to VGA and running auto-adjust does nothing to clear it up.

Anyone have any luck adjusting some of it out?
2 Replies
Highlighted
3 Argentium

Re: 2007FP - blurry

No luck here. I returned mine. It had both banding an blurryness. I think they all do, but you need sharp eyes to notice:

Here is a shot comparing my 2007fp (blurry) with my 2405fpw (sharp).

http://i.pbase.com/o4/04/606404/1/59944402.textComp.jpg

Message Edited by bytor65 on 05-25-200603:58 PM

Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: 2007FP - blurry

My 2007 FP monitor is blurry.

I'm using it with a HP Elitebook 6930p laptop, video card is ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450. I tried various options of the monitor and video card , I udpated the monitor driver, changed resolutions back and forth, tried in both digital and analog, no luck 😞 It's usable but just blurry.

help !!